Nitrous Oxide (NOS, Zex, NX Express, Venom, etc) This forum is for Nitrous Oxide discussions, and an area for folks to ask questions about Nitrous Oxide and related parts.

ZEX Nitrous???

Old 07-24-2001, 11:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ZEX Nitrous???

I want to put nitrous on my car. All I have done to it so far is put on an exhaust and I am putting on a CAI from KORE. This car is my everyday driving car. Will, if I put nitrous on my car, mess up the engine? I go out racing with some of my friends, and I want to suprise them one night when I start spraying and they get left at the light. I drive an automatic, would thids also be a problem??? HELP!!!!!
Old 07-24-2001, 03:16 PM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

J&L.....by the way you're talking...it seems like you haven't really done too much research on the topic. Alot of people think if they just went out and bought nitrous, it will automatically make them super fast. This is coorect, and then again it's not. Nitrous Oxide is a very dangerous thing if you're not careful with it. But to answer your questions:

I want to put nitrous on my car. All I have done to it so far is put on an exhaust and I am putting on a CAI from KORE. This car is my everyday driving car.
With just these mods and it being your daily driver, you can install something small like a 55 shot, and be okay....as long as you know when to hit the switch, and you're careful.

Will, if I put nitrous on my car, mess up the engine?

You can mess up your engine by putting in too big of a shot, and not a big enough fuel supply. You can also mess up your engine if you use the nitrous too low of RPM's.

I drive an automatic, would thids also be a problem???

No, this won't be an issue. There's a few people here that have auto's and they are spraying.

Basically, you want to remember that the bigger the shot you go, the better fuel system you want. Also, if you go really big, then you want to have more engine work done like pistons and rings, headers, exhaust, etc.... I have the ZEX kit in my car, and I'm running a 65 shot. It's a simple installation, and it can definitly give you an upper hand when racing. You just have to be very careful. Also...remember that nitrous WILL void your factory warranty. So if you install it, and something happens to your engine from the usage, you'll have to rip out the nitrous kit before it goes to the dealer or else you may get denied warrantied service.

Good luck with it, and be safe. I would recomend before buying it, reading up on Nitrous Oxide as mush as possible. The more you learn about it, the better and safer you'll be.
Old 07-24-2001, 04:00 PM

Well said Lo&Show...always full of usefull knowledge...what would we do without ya... hehe
Old 07-24-2001, 04:05 PM
Administrator

I do what I can...all for you guys..and of course...the ladies! wink.gif
Old 07-25-2001, 03:31 AM

Hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

You forgot to tell him who taught you all this useful information tongue.gif
Old 07-25-2001, 06:28 AM

Sounds like someone wants an Attaboy
Old 07-25-2001, 06:34 AM

ATTABOYEEEE! Brendan.... tongue.gif
Old 07-25-2001, 06:44 AM
Administrator

Originally posted by Brendan:
Hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

You forgot to tell him who taught you all this useful information tongue.gif

So Solly Young Sir.... tongue.gif

Actually yeah...I have to give props to Brenden, Long, and Smthnfishy for the knowledge on nitrous. I guess I'm the grasshopper who has gained much knowledge from his wise masters and now I'm going out into the world to help other people! wink.gif

[ July 25, 2001: Message edited by: 2000Lo&ShowTibby ]
Old 07-25-2001, 07:40 AM

Good grasshoppa
Old 07-25-2001, 09:02 AM

2low post a pic of your Zex setup, I'd also like to see your ride, did you get it fixed yet?
Fishy