Nitrous Oxide (NOS, Zex, NX Express, Venom, etc) This forum is for Nitrous Oxide discussions, and an area for folks to ask questions about Nitrous Oxide and related parts.

zex nitrous

Old 05-21-2002, 03:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nikos:
I 've got a question,I have a 2nd gen Tiburon,I have re-programme ECU plus air intakes etc etc etc and now it's about 160hp and i'm thinking of installing zex kit for the begining the 55 shot Will the engine handle the extra power meaning 160+55hp???? Should I change my fuel pump??? I've got a Haltmeter and for now in WOT it's allways rich.What do you think??
Thanks guys i'm looking forward reaching the 215HP!!!!
ok you got the famous 1.6 beta,... you really dont have to buy a new fuel pump for a 55 shot.

What makes you think you got 160HP??? is this to the crank or the wheels??? You should dyno your car and get your powered measure to the wheels.

As far as if your engine can handle it? If its just a 55 your ok.
Old 05-22-2002, 05:48 AM

If i were you Nykos, i would get the car dynoed just to make sure how much hp i'm producing. If you've done extensive mods to you 1.6l, don't trust the 55 shot just becuase it's a 55 shot. A 55 shot is okay when we're talking about a stock engine with stock parameters. Parameters that HAVEN'T been modified. So be very carefull. If you're making 160 whp from a 1.6l then sheesh who knows what a 55 shot will do. If you upgraded any components, only you will know how much abuse your engine is going to take. You mentioned a re-programmed ECU. Well, if you start spraying, i recommend to re-program it again. The current settings aren't tuned for NO2 so chances are you're probably going to hurt yourself. Keep in mind (from what you're saying) your engine isn't stock (i've read the whole dyno this prove this harrasement) and i'm trusting you that you're making the power you claim so if i were you, it'd be a good idea to identify how much power you're making to the wheels and realistically most people who are stock that run 55 shots make about 160-170 whp and if you're there already naturally aspirated, you'll be up in the 200+ department and that my friend will either make you or break you (and your car). I'd check the capabilites of your fuel system, ignition system, even check to see if your axels and drive train is up to the task. Nitrous isn't a joke and we don't want exploding Tiburon's out there.

Rich.
Old 05-22-2002, 05:55 AM

I recommend you get the VENOM kit
venom-performance.com

That kit will shut off if it senses a lean condition
Old 05-22-2002, 07:00 AM

And how much is Venom Basic kit for Tiburon?
Old 05-22-2002, 07:09 AM

like 650,... around there