Nitrous Oxide (NOS, Zex, NX Express, Venom, etc) This forum is for Nitrous Oxide discussions, and an area for folks to ask questions about Nitrous Oxide and related parts.

Zex install

Old 12-07-2001, 03:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Zex install

I'm instalkling the zex kit tomorrow and just triple checking the instructions. Step 6 says to connect the two rubber hoses to the fuel pressure regulator and an unused vacuum fitting coming off of the intake manifold.

Anyone have a pic of these connections?

Just want to make sure I do everything right the first time!
Old 12-10-2001, 05:01 AM

try my site below, I should have put the diagram on it in the zex section, if not I'll take a pic and post it. I hope you have a meter to test for the TPS signal as well.
Old 12-10-2001, 05:10 AM

yes, your site has been very helpfull, thank you for putting that information up. The only connections you don't show are the ones using the rubber hoses that came with the kit. If you could post those pics I would greatly appreciate it, thanks!

Also I do have a voltage meter, its analog but I can set it to a scale of 1-15 so I should get a fairly accurate reading of the 4 volt area.
Old 12-11-2001, 04:58 AM

Ok pics won't show you, the rubber hoses are for the fuel regulator, it's on the far left of the intake manifold, there is a little grey hose that connects from there to the regulator on the end of the fuel rail. Pull off the grey hose, One hose goes from the Zex box to where the grey hose was on the intake manifold, the other goes to the regulator, which ones are marked on the zex box ( intake, fuel I think was the label ), becasuse of the distance a pic won't show you, you'll see 2 hoses from the zex box and the the others in another photo but I'll take a pic to show you the regulator and manifold connections.