Nitrous Oxide (NOS, Zex, NX Express, Venom, etc) This forum is for Nitrous Oxide discussions, and an area for folks to ask questions about Nitrous Oxide and related parts.

Zex or alpine kit???Little poll, what do you think??

Old 05-12-2002, 02:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Zex or alpine kit???Little poll, what do you think??

What is better for the money and just overall better in your opinion going with a Zex kit or an Alpine turbo? rolleyes.gif
Old 05-12-2002, 02:26 AM

just get a yellow windsheild banner, 50 HP.
Old 05-12-2002, 02:30 AM

zex, best value for money.

turbo's your best option for power tho, but its pricey
Old 05-12-2002, 02:31 AM

i cant tell you how many "window shoppers" (right on chris wink ) have come to these boards poking around asking little questions like this.

do a couple of searches, read a bit, and youll come to your own conclusion! its all about what you want to spend! the Alpine "kit" isnt a complete kit, theres still parts to buy, and fabrications to make. no one knows what kind of gains you looking to get and what kind of $$$$ your willing to spend. also its personal preference... do you want to have that extra kick ALL the time, or just while pushing the button? what happens when your racing along and run out of juice? will you run home with your tail tucked in? chances are YES! i recomend to anyone thats SERIOUSLY thinking about doing anything to use the damn search button and learn a bit rather than taking everyone elses opinions. im tired of seein these same damn questions posted over and over by people that com here, make 40 or 50 posts and leave whithout learning anything.
Old 05-12-2002, 02:36 AM

This is a little poll, and what are you thinking assuming that I dont know anything about the kits. I am just looking for peoples input here in case there is anything I missed. Oh , and isnt that what there boards are for? Posting and asking questions, dont be such a dick!
Old 05-12-2002, 02:48 AM

Well if you know so much about the kits you know asking a question like that is like comparing grapes to watermellons. There is no 'better' answer, in fact the best solution is to use both.

But of course I don't need to tell this to a guru like you. I'm posting it for Azzy, who is only building his own custom turbo and wouldn't know what he's talking about. rolleyes.gif
Old 05-12-2002, 03:04 AM

Yea, so was that a, you like the zex as compared to the Alpine turbo setup or the Alpine turbo setup as compared to the Zex? I did a search and only found one strait up comparesion between them. They are a method to acheive the same thing(more horse), so even though you could say its grapes to watermellons, grapes or watermellons both fill hunger right? They are both a means of food right? So Im trying to decide what Im hungry for! smile.gif
Old 05-12-2002, 03:13 AM

OK dannyboy, i never came out and called anyone any names, and you wont see me doing that. im not willing to take myself down to your level. (i see youve edited your post rolleyes.gif ) but since you went there... rolleyes.gif anyway, like i said i never said you didnt know anything, i never compared your knowledge to mine (im still learning and have ALOT more to learn) im going to post a pic of my project engine. (ill be posting a whole series late tonight, or early tomorrow) this is just a pic of the #2 Cyl of a tibby with too much boost and not enough fuel. the person that this happened to knows ALOT about engines... way more than i do. if you dont know what your getting into this could easily happen to anyone. i guess the reason im posting this is because of the HOARD of ppl who have gone out and got themselves apexi S-AFC's and plan on "tuning" (for lack of a better word) it themselves. cause this is what can/will happen with too little fuel.

its called......Detonation
Old 05-12-2002, 03:30 AM

Cool pick man, so what is it you think is best money value wise and overall then? Share your wisdom. Im not asking you to go on about anything in detail here just post a simple zex or alpine, that is all. Thanks for you input.
Old 05-12-2002, 03:36 AM

Grapes and watermellons are both fruit and roughly the same shape(green grapes anyways wink ). However a grape is just a little taste, while a watermellon will keep ya eatin' all day.

I'm not in it for the quarter mile, I like the driving experience. I prefer mods that enhance the overall performance, all the time.

Ultimately it is a philosophical question---what do you want?

Also, there are more complete kits than Alpine's coming out soon. If you poke around some you can probably come up with something more reliable. wink

Nice pic Azzy, and a good point, too many people are blinded by the need for speed to consider proper safety. (edit: my point is that even with the best planning, things can go wrong, rushing in just makes it that much more likely)