Nitrous Oxide (NOS, Zex, NX Express, Venom, etc) This forum is for Nitrous Oxide discussions, and an area for folks to ask questions about Nitrous Oxide and related parts.

Zex 82011 Install Questions

Old 01-14-2002, 06:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Zex 82011 Install Questions

I got a 2k Tibby, and I was wondering how hard is it to install a NOS kit. I know you gotta run the nos line to the intake, but what about electrical wireing etc etc. Could someone go over how to install one?

thankx
Old 01-14-2002, 06:32 AM

use my site and see i you can find it in there. The wireing is simple, red dash, using a meter find a +12 signal that come on with ignition only and stays on, splice, then other goes to the switch, the fuse goes to the switch or comes from the +12v. black to batery neg, white to the tps with variable signal, NOT the constant +5 or neg signals, you need a tester.

[ January 14, 2002: Message edited by: Brendan ]
Old 01-15-2002, 10:48 PM

thankx! Where did you put your bottle and switch. I want to be able to yank it when I take it to the dealer for warranty work. Also is there a problem with leaving the bottle on all the time?

ta
-nico
Old 01-15-2002, 10:50 PM

thankx! Where did you put your bottle and switch. I want to be able to yank it when I take it to the dealer for warranty work. Also is there a problem with leaving the bottle on all the time?

ta
-nico
Old 01-15-2002, 11:18 PM

I put the bolts into pieces I could cheaply replace. I mounted the tank on top of the spare tire cover, and the switch is mounted into the small plastic piece around my shifter as seen in my sig.

These are two very easy things to replace.

Had to also add, When mounting in the trunk the easiest thing for you to do is run the line into the left rear QP. Inside the trunk you'll see a little vent, feel around through there and you'll find a plastic flap that leads to the outside. If you take any advice, take this: Take your time running the cable! It will take a while, so take your time and don't rush on anything. Make sure you tie it good, and keep cable exposure down to a minimum.

[ January 16, 2002: Message edited by: cringe ]