Nitrous Oxide (NOS, Zex, NX Express, Venom, etc) This forum is for Nitrous Oxide discussions, and an area for folks to ask questions about Nitrous Oxide and related parts.

why is nitrous better ?

Old 03-24-2002, 05:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default why is nitrous better ?

(re-posted from hp.com)

well folks, it goes to show how well nitrous works on these beta motors... just last night, i went for a cruise with my g/f around town, it was only a matter of time before i caught up with a bunch of loud pipes...

sure enough, we go out to the boondocks and get it on... there was also an older model turbo rx-7 on a huge 4 lane road out in nowhere land.... we all gun it, and i easily smoke the rx-7,, the civic hangs in there till about mid 3'rd gear, then i just slowly pull and pull, i let off about 85 mph .. no point in wasting more nitrous if i aleady had him beat smile.gif

he pulls over, opens the hood, low and behold, b18c vtech twin cam gs-r engine, dc sports 4-1 header, greddy cat-back, upgraded fpr, intake... the works..

my g/f had a blast !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-24-2002, 05:21 AM

It seems cool but i am afraid of all the explosions of nitrous.Maybe after several explosions my beta motor will die!!!I dont know i am also afraid of my car getting burnt...I dont know thats just an opinion
Old 03-24-2002, 05:27 AM

why is your car exploding ? ?? what do you mean after several explosions ??? be more specific..

are you saying that when you were using a wet nitrous system you had explosions ???

when exactly did the explosions happen ??

i've NEVER heard of this happening to anyone unless they did something REALLY stupid, like advance the timing too much while spraing wet into the manifold.. but even that was mostly detonation-related... not an "explosion" ...

also, i have no such problems on my beta, i've already gone through a dozen or so bottles with my wet kit design..

???? clear this thing up for me please.
Old 03-26-2002, 01:32 AM

Maybe he's talking about TFATF, when the car Blows up?
Old 03-26-2002, 02:01 AM
Red

Bwahahahahahahaha! FnF baby! Dangerous manifold pressure y0!

I find it my duty to verbally bitchslap anyone who belived ANY "technical" aspect of that movie. rolleyes.gif So if that's what he's referring to, don't let me find out!