Hyundai Aftermarket

Hyundai Aftermarket (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/)
-   Nitrous Oxide (NOS, Zex, NX Express, Venom, etc) (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/nitrous-oxide-nos-zex-nx-express-venom-etc-27/)
-   -   Why Don't You Have Nitrous??? (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/nitrous-oxide-nos-zex-nx-express-venom-etc-27/why-dont-you-have-nitrous-28938/)

JonGTR 05-26-2005 10:23 AM

I'm running a turbo, so I get the BKR7E. They have them at the parts store.

Kiltman 05-31-2005 08:28 AM

i would so a lot more to my tib but i the next oil change i do i will break 150,000 miles. to many to be doing much engine work. i would love haveing a turbo or nitrous though.

JonGTR 05-31-2005 09:17 AM

Get another motor. It only costs $300 for a 15k motor at a junkyard and you can swap it in yourself in less than a day. wink1.gif

jToIeB 05-31-2005 09:36 AM

I don't really see a point in having nitrous unless you drag OFTEN. Plus, I want power that I don't have to "refill" every 10 times I use it.

'treezy 05-31-2005 09:40 AM

I want to do Nitrous for "track" use but am patiently waiting for my cf hood to arrive so I can begin the body work on my car (not really adding anyhting just fixing dents and scratches and then painting, then hood installation). I've been saving $$ for the paint job and only after that will I consider Nitrous kit. I may want to get clutch first, then run a higher shot of Nitrous instead of being stuck on 50 shots for the first few months (then end up re-filling, I'm guessing, twice a month).

So, time is why I haven't gotten a Nitrous kit yet, and I'd want to get used but don't trust just anyone's used kit. I'd want say your used kit or just go brand spankin new.

oh yeah, Jon, do your over the phone/"by your side" kinda walkthrough installation thingy come with a warranty? Say I phuck up the solenoids and nothing works......lol. like, 2 minute/2mile warranty, whichever comes first?

majik 05-31-2005 10:04 AM

I didn't read everyone's replies, but here are mine.

I'd really like to get it installed, but...

1. I know nobody who has it around this hick-town called nashville.
2. I know nobody around here who has any knowledge on it.
3. I know very little about it (lack of understanding brings fear)
4. I don't trust my engine/auto tranny to hold up to it
5. I'll be addicted to the button and get myself in trouble :blink:
6. Tibby is my daily driver... my only car.. I can't afford to mess something up and not have it the next day for school/work.

I'm at the 100,000 mile mark on my 00 Tib. I drive it everywhere. I don't have the money to get a new engine and a new tranny just so I can spray. I'm trying to pay off college loans, going to be getting engaged within the year, going to be buying my first house and try to put as much of a down payment as possible on it... there are too many other things that need financial attention before I can look into swapping engines and trannies just so I can have some fun with a button

Spiffywerks 05-31-2005 10:08 AM

My Reasons...

I messed up an engine without any forced induction....

but really, my main reason...

I know Jaws021 personally. That should be enough explaination alone. tongue.gif

buffbentley 05-31-2005 03:06 PM

I don't have nitrous because I'm still waiting to recieve mine from fedex. Should be here this week though....... tongue.gif

01importshark 05-31-2005 03:20 PM

Here are my reasons..

Well i just spent a whole sh!t load of $$ on a forced induction setup.. I may be using nitrous later on to cool it tho with the NX "ntercooler" system.

I was going to go with nitrous, but i cant use much hatch space as it is with my sub box.

I have no doubts that the tib can handle it from talking with jonGTR and seeing his results. Dweet also said nitrous was really nice and safe.

I like the constant power idea alot more. i would be refilling my bottles on a weekly basis which would get really expensive. in the long run turbo will be better descision.

i want to be original. and anyone can slap on a nitrous kit, but not anyone will have a turbo setup like me smile.gif

'treezy 05-31-2005 04:09 PM

If I were to use Nitrous, I'd use it to have a higher top speed faster. I like the way my car accelerates now with NA mods (of course it can alwasy be faster...) but I am not happy with the rev limiter at 6750 and my top speed of low 130's. I'd like to push my car to 150 for short periods of time and Nitrous should help. First I need to do my research and find a way around the rev limiter and maybe look into a fuel management system (logic tells me I'll need one if I disable the rev limiter). That involves time and I don't have any until June 15th.

anyone care to enlighten me if my plans are attainable?

getting rid of rev limiter
do I need safc or anything of the likes?
fuel pump upgrade
colder plugs
50+shot