Nitrous Oxide (NOS, Zex, NX Express, Venom, etc) This forum is for Nitrous Oxide discussions, and an area for folks to ask questions about Nitrous Oxide and related parts.

Wet Vs. Dry (Direct Port)

Old 07-10-2002, 08:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Lancer Evo IX

I'll get to this when someone's engine blows up.
Old 07-10-2002, 10:42 PM

So a NX direct port 100 shot would actually be a 125 shot? (125hp at the crank)

And a question for Red: are you going to use the 'piranha' nozzles on your direct port setup?
Old 07-10-2002, 11:41 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

No matter which kit you go with, my recommendation would be to dyno your car if your going to use anything over a 50 shot while also checking for A/F mixture problems. That way you know exactly what kind of h.p. abuse your giving your car no matter what the nitrous sales reps say. wink Every car and nitrous brand (jet size) is different therefore there will be many variations in the final h.p. output.

These things are Universal FITS not an exact universal horespower output.
Old 07-11-2002, 02:17 AM

SCCA 01 Elantra:
How many engines has Jaws gone through already because of bad timing or something else? Has he tried the NX kits yet. I don't think so.
take that back you whore!!! tongue.gif
i still have the same engine
I have fried 3 plugs though
2 because i ran lean *stupid fuel pressure line*
1 because the car ran lean *reached stock limits even with an eclipse turbo fuel pump*

i know have venom
I am also very happy,... if my car wants to go boom, venom happily shuts it off. This kit is perfect for checking dam limits in our fuel system.

As for NX,... its not a bad kit, Nobody here has said its a bad kit. Red even has it. It is stupid though that they try to use a universal power train loss and rate their nozzles at WHP

What about someone with a lightweight flywheel *reduced power train loss*
They would get MUCH higher results than someone without it
So once again that WHP will not be accurate
Just like autos and manual, hondas and hyundais, bull dozers and stupid suzuki gsx-r's that dont want a power commander
anyways,...
They all have different power train losses, so rating their kit by WHP is not smart.
Old 07-11-2002, 02:30 AM
Red

Technically, I don't have an NX kit, nor do I have an NOS kit. I'm using pieces from three different manufacturers for different aspects of the system.

I trust NOS systems race solenoids more than NX's, and their progressive controller was less expensive and performed almost identically. NX does has better nozzles and prettier distribution blocks.

And my nitrous bottle has NO nitrous-name-brand label on it, but who do you know that makes a 40 pound 3000psi nitrous bottle?

EDIT! If you want to know why I need a 40 pound bottle, look at my post count on this post!!
Old 07-11-2002, 02:37 AM

satan,... huh
im willing to bet some dentist is looking for his bottle right now
wink
take it back red
tongue.gif
Old 07-11-2002, 02:45 AM

SCCA 01 Elantra:
That's cool. Jaws. Ithgouhtyou fried at least one of your engines when you ran lean witrh the venom kit.
DAMNIT THAT WAS WITH THE ZEX KIT YOU BASTARD!!!
ONE MORE MESS UP AND IM FLYING TO KINGSVILLE TEXAS JUST TO KICK YOU IN THE NUTZ ASSHOLE!!!
tongue.gif
seriously though, the venom has the safety thingy... if it didnt... that would be another story

back to the ORIGINAL question
Well randy it all depends how much you want to push your car
Make another post asking for your injector limits

Im sure one our guys here whos bored off his mine at work will do all the calculations.
Or if you want to try and find out yourself, go to RC's website
Use their injector calculator or use the one on FXTREME.org
Once you know your injector limits you can decide what to get depending on your max injector output wink
Old 07-11-2002, 04:51 AM
Red

According to RC Engineering's work on my stock injectors...

Given a motor with a BSFC of 0.50, no more than 80% duty cycle and running 65psi, these injectors are good for around 169 crank horsepower. They are Bosch 245cc/min 16-ohm top-feed parts.

What's funny is, given the same circumstances but at 43psi, our injectors are supposedly only good for like 143 crank horsepower. Since I've dynoed significantly over that figure more than once without ever touching fuel pressure, I think either our BSFC is lower or RC is just a little too conservative with the computation.

But I am willing to bet that ~200HP is the limit.