Nitrous Oxide (NOS, Zex, NX Express, Venom, etc) This forum is for Nitrous Oxide discussions, and an area for folks to ask questions about Nitrous Oxide and related parts.

WET v.s. DRY

Old 01-19-2005, 01:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WET v.s. DRY

--98 TIB--

wich will increase my power most ??
wich is the most safe 4 stock engin ??
wich is the cheapest ??

WET v.s. DRY
Old 01-19-2005, 01:50 PM

ive seen about the same prices for both and i heard wet is better, but ive just heard that, i have no experience in using it
Old 01-19-2005, 02:48 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

Wet is safest because it is putting in fuel as well. Dry would be the cheapest.
Old 01-19-2005, 02:56 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

QUOTE (javageek)
Wet is safest because it is putting in fuel as well. Dry would be the cheapest.

They both put in extra fuel, just in different locations. The dry runs though the injectors by using the fuel regualtor. In theory they are both safe and provide the same amount of power (depending on the jets you use). But most problems come from dry kits and the regulator control.
Even though the kits come with easy instructions, try to learn exactly how nitrous and the kits work. That way you can take extra precautions, be able to maintain the kit, and troubleshoot if needed.
Installing a kit is easy, but knowing how to keep disasters from happening is a whole different step.
Old 01-19-2005, 03:06 PM

wet, me and my grandpa put a wet shot on his 4 banger ranger and it was what was recommended and works well. We like wet over dry, just my two cents.
Old 01-19-2005, 03:24 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

QUOTE (JonGTR)
They both put in extra fuel, just in different locations. The dry runs though the injectors by using the fuel regualtor. In theory they are both safe and provide the same amount of power (depending on the jets you use). But most problems come from dry kits and the regulator control.
Even though the kits come with easy instructions, try to learn exactly how nitrous and the kits work. That way you can take extra precautions, be able to maintain the kit, and troubleshoot if needed.
Installing a kit is easy, but knowing how to keep disasters from happening is a whole different step.

Yep. Both dry and wet get more fuel in. If it didn't add fuel with a dry, you would lean to hell since your injecting the nitrous after the MAF/MAP. I think... I'm not a nitrous guru in any way. On a Tib, I wouldn't go over a 50 dry or a 75 wet on a stock engine.
Old 01-19-2005, 09:15 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

I never realized Dry kits injected fuel as well....... confused.gif
Old 01-19-2005, 10:10 PM

QUOTE (javageek)
I never realized Dry kits injected fuel as well.......

if extra fuel wasn't added your engine would go boom, too lean! smile.gif
Nitrous oxide is basically oxygen once it reaches certain temperature and you just add fuel and get more power out smile.gif
Old 01-19-2005, 10:16 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Typo OP, I don't think "Boom, Too Rich!" is what happens. smile.gif

Yep... the nitrogen atom kind of acts like a shield for the explosion. Pure oxygen = boom in engine. Just for giggles if you have air tools, spray regular air (not pure o2) up your intake. Revs should raise slightly. Essentially what forced induction does. I never really had much experience with nitrous except that I was looking at an intercooler kit for the GSX and learned how it all worked. smile.gif

Speak of the devil, this was my 500th post... so Nitrous Oxide is my title. LOL.
Old 01-19-2005, 10:26 PM

QUOTE (hamhead)
Typo OP, I don't think "Boom, Too Rich!" is what happens. smile.gif

Yep... the nitrogen atom kind of acts like a shield for the explosion. Pure oxygen = boom in engine. Just for giggles if you have air tools, spray regular air (not pure o2) up your intake. Revs should raise slightly. Essentially what forced induction does. I never really had much experience with nitrous except that I was looking at an intercooler kit for the GSX and learned how it all worked. smile.gif

my bad, I meant to say "boom, too lean"