Nitrous Oxide (NOS, Zex, NX Express, Venom, etc) This forum is for Nitrous Oxide discussions, and an area for folks to ask questions about Nitrous Oxide and related parts.

Tuning with a 75 shot

Old 08-14-2010, 11:41 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

lol, someone had to say it. You should have started a new thread for this problem. Ya.. They'll replace it for free. May as well get a header though. You would be better off with a header anyways.

Either way, spray that thing down well with some rust remover so that they don't strip out your studs. Once 2 days before and once the day of. Otherwise you may end up with helacoils in your block.
Old 08-15-2010, 12:59 AM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

+1 get some Penetrating Oil (read: not WD-40) and give the studs/nuts a good soaking. Also hit the O2 sensor with a little of it. If the O2 sensor is seized and/or breaks on the way out, they will bill YOU for a new one. I made sure mine wouldn't be stuck by loosening and reinstalling it myself prior to taking the car in to have the manifold replaced.

Read this:
https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/in...c=52224&hl=
Old 08-15-2010, 03:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1997 hyundai tiburon fx

I work at the dealer and don't count on it to be free. First they will chk to see if your vin is under the recall and then next they will chk your milage and start date on when the vehicle is sold. I have had couple of cars that were not under the recall notice and were out because of milage. Def remove any signs of a nitrous set up. If the tech sees that and gets a hair across his ass he can have any warranty that you might have on the car voided out. Me personally would not care but there are people like that. Just fyi.
Old 08-15-2010, 09:06 PM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

Mine was done around 130k miles.