Nitrous Oxide (NOS, Zex, NX Express, Venom, etc) This forum is for Nitrous Oxide discussions, and an area for folks to ask questions about Nitrous Oxide and related parts.

Is spraying with bad o2 sensors harmful?

Old 10-24-2011, 02:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2005 Elantra
Default Is spraying with bad o2 sensors harmful?

I was just curious, last night i threw a CEL, and it turned out to be a bad o2 sensor after getting the code pulled.

My fear is, can/will my car possibly run too lean while im spraying and....kaboom...Or with bad o2 sensors does the car normally run richer?

Either way i know i have to fix it but I would still love to spray before I get it fixed. At the same time i dont want to be risking my motor...
Old 10-24-2011, 02:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 13 Gen Coupe Ult.

You car should run in limp mode if it is the first cat that died. Yet, more than likely you can just unplug the battery let the ECU rest itself, a 10 minute period of the battery being disconnected will achieve this. They the cell will go away. Sensor dont usually die from Nitrous, Nitrous only gives you a little more power, it isnt like fast and the furious, where it turns your Muffler into a welding torch or anything like that!

In essence I doubt the sensor is bad, what was the code? I bet it was a fuel trim code or a catalyst code!!!