Nitrous Oxide (NOS, Zex, NX Express, Venom, etc) This forum is for Nitrous Oxide discussions, and an area for folks to ask questions about Nitrous Oxide and related parts.

Solenoid Maintenance?

Old 01-20-2012, 12:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Accent
Default Solenoid Maintenance?

I have read that if you run nitrous, then solenoid maintenance should be done annually. How do you perform maintenance on them and what are the big things to look for or fix?
Old 01-20-2012, 01:05 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Maintenance is always a good thing. My Zex system requires some serious disassembly to get into the solenoids. However, with some setups it makes more sense to check your spark plugs. The problem with disassembling a solenoid is that it should be done in a very clean environment as dirt can cause problems inside a solenoid. So, I'd recommend verifying proper operation by ensuring proper color on your spark plugs and taking action as required.

Definately don't open them every year unless your manufacturer recommends it.

It's been about 3 months since I've had a tank of Nitrous. Next time I spray I will spray for 5 seconds, then I'll take out my #4 cylindar spark plug and just check to make sure the color isn't white or black or smell like fuel. Any of those would be a signal that one of the solenoids is sticking.