Nitrous Oxide (NOS, Zex, NX Express, Venom, etc) This forum is for Nitrous Oxide discussions, and an area for folks to ask questions about Nitrous Oxide and related parts.

Racing with ZEX kit...

Old 08-24-2001, 07:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Racing with ZEX kit...

Anyone that has the ZEX kit.. Could you tell me how you race with it.. do you arm it before or during your race.. Iam kinda confused on the setup.. I know you dont want to run with it before 3000rpm and the the system kicks in when it knows your peddle is floored, but if you have it armed at the start wont it activate off the start? Please help..need info.. rolleyes.gif
Old 08-26-2001, 02:45 PM

OK, I don't have a ZEX kit, but have researched a lot and talked to a few ZEX racers. When the ZEX kit is armed it releases Nitrous at full throttle (i.e. when pedal is fully depressed). This is bad to do in first gear and bad to do below 3K RPM. So you either arm it at the start and just don't go full throttle until after 3K RPM in second gear OR you start off normally, go full throttle through 1st gear and flip the switch when you hit second. The second option is probably the best and they say it works better, you just have to remeber when to flip the switch. smile.gif You will basically have an N/A start through first gear and then release a whole stampede of horsies through second and third and maybe even a little bit of fourth. Most people will say to only juice it in third gear and higher so it depends on how badly you want to win it. Unless you have a whole lot of internal engine work I would stick to the top end of third.

Hope this helps to get you thinking and please don't tkae this as a professional opinion. wink.gif
Old 08-27-2001, 12:58 AM

Ok thats what i thought ... Thanks for the help...
Old 08-27-2001, 04:49 AM

This is how I did it, Start the race at 3000 rpms in FIRST, I hit the switch and of course I was full throttle. Usually you'll peel out a little but thats par for the course. I have the zex kit for sale for 400 bucks. I sold my Tib and the Kit is almost brand new.
Anyone interested?
Erik
Old 08-28-2001, 04:23 AM

Smithin, im interested, you got anything with it, ie, bottle warmer, blanket, bottle pressure gauges, etc...?
Old 08-28-2001, 09:41 AM

Just the kit with the 55,65,75 nossels. Email me. We can work out a deal
Erik