Hyundai Aftermarket

Hyundai Aftermarket (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/)
-   Nitrous Oxide (NOS, Zex, NX Express, Venom, etc) (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/nitrous-oxide-nos-zex-nx-express-venom-etc-27/)
-   -   nx nitro express kit on tibby (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/nitrous-oxide-nos-zex-nx-express-venom-etc-27/nx-nitro-express-kit-tibby-4081/)

tibboy316 08-01-2002 06:52 AM

nx nitro express kit on tibby

nitro expreess makes a kit that they clam can shot from 35-75 on a stock car and not damage it
do u think this is possible

XtremezTiburon 08-01-2002 06:59 AM

Last time I checked, Zex can shoot about 55 shot at stock and have no probs but if ya run rich/lean ...BOOM! Safest bet....Venom my friend. As for NX...beats me..never thought about using it. Do a search on nitrous and you'll get a ton of info. The Zex is the easy stuff, the Venom is the safer of the two but it costs more. Correct me if I'm wrong anyone, i like constructive critisism.
X

JAWS 021 08-01-2002 07:02 AM

yup its possible
we have an NX expert here... hopefully he will read this

venom is safer... i know by experience

lol
I made sure i put that 02 safety switch to use
lol

If you just want a 55 shot... a used zex kit will be fine for you

[ August 01, 2002, 02:04 PM: Message edited by: JAWS 021 ]

Digital 08-01-2002 08:36 AM

I am no nitrous expert, but ... there is no fail-proof nitrous kit. Not Zex, not NX, not Venom. They all have tha capability to do damage to your car no matter what hi-tech gadgetry they use to may you feel safe about it.

I am a wholesaler for ZEX, NOS, NX, JG Edelbrock, and Venom. I have access to Nitrous Works but I do not sell it. In the 18 months I have been with the company, I have not sold a single Venom kit. I have sold only a handful of JG. I have lost count on how many other kits I have sold between NOS, NX, and Zex, but their popularity goes in that order.

All this digital crap is a gimmick to get you to buy IMHO. You will do just fine buying an NOS, or any other. Be smart about using it, that is what it comes down to.

Josh 08-01-2002 09:13 AM

Yes, the electronics do not make them 100% safe, but safer than certain other applications. And yes, any induction modification to your car has potential to do damage.
If they wanted a gimmick to make people buy, they would just scrap all that technology and lower the cost of a basic bottle/solenoid/hose/switch kit.
But it's true, it comes down to how much you know and what you do with it. You could get the best venom kit and screw up the install.

a 75 shot is pushing it... The highest I'm running is a 65, that's with intake, header, cat, exhaust, cold plugs. Still using the stock fuel pump... it seems to be doing well enough.

[ August 01, 2002, 04:14 PM: Message edited by: Josh ]

XtremezTiburon 08-01-2002 09:18 AM

In regards to Digitals' post Venom as far as I know, have only a handful of hyundai running it. Zex, NX, NOS I'm sure have more due to the fact they've been around a lot longer. The digital stuff being a gimmick, however I dont agree with.

HRD_Tiburon 08-01-2002 10:31 AM

No nitrous is fool proof there is still that dumb ass that doesn't know what he is doing and screws it up. Its hard to feel sorry for those people. To get peak effectivness you have to know how it works and how to calibrate a system to reach the peak. I would go with Nitrous Express, I have used it for quite a few years and not the other Fisher Price designed systems out there.

[ August 01, 2002, 05:32 PM: Message edited by: HRD_Tiburon ]

tibboy316 08-01-2002 12:17 PM

if i have a stock tibby with no mods but a random special cai how high of shot u thikn i could pull outta my ass? think i could get a 65 or should i stick with a 55

Josh 08-01-2002 01:13 PM

55 would be the best for an almost stock engine. Be sure to change to colder plugs.. they shouldn't run more than $10. With a little more engine work, you could go up to 65.

JAWS 021 08-01-2002 03:33 PM

im not a nitrous expert myself... but i do have experience

*The reason venom doesnt sell that much,... is because its the most expensive... most people dont know that you can get the kit for just a 100 bucks more.... most people are familiar with the advanced kit with "digital crap" which includes a progressive setup which is controlled through a computer

*digital crap?
lol
cmon on now... until youve had experience with it, i suggest you dont comment on it

i got dynos to PROVE the venom kit does shut itself when it senses lean conditions...
what do you have to prove its a gimmick?

* why only a handful have it?
ummmm venom barely started making the kits for hyundais like what 2-3 months ago?
How do i know? i was the first one

* nitrous isnt full proof... i can put the highest nozzle venom has... and at one point it will hurt my engine IF you go to the extreme.
i went slightly over the limit... and gladly the venom caught it. I wasnt so lucky with the ZEX kit... i knew how it worked and i thought i had everything tight... i even bent the fuel regulator a bit tightening the fuel line.... did it work? NOPE, the fuel line sucked itself right out like the 20th time in use.
Venom will catch the problem (under proper conditions) and shut itself once it senses lean conditions OR it will just pulse the injectors more. If you jump to the extreme the UNNAPROPRIATE way, then by the time the venom kit detects a lean condition, you have already substained some engine damage. Luckily the venom kit will shut itself off preventing more damage from occuring inside your engine. If you do things the proper way, you will never run into this... once your at your limit (while spraying), you will notice the flickering between rich and lean,... this will let you know your pushing your limits. To remedy it you step a nozzle down.
With the zex... many say a 65 shot is ok... IS IT REALLY? How do we know if we are running at the limits? We dont... and we wont, until someone goes to a dyno and finds out
Till then, save yourself a dyno and get the venom kit.

rolleyes.gif

[ August 02, 2002, 12:36 PM: Message edited by: JAWS 021 ]

XtremezTiburon 08-01-2002 10:04 PM

All hail to the Venom god...lol. I don't think they know to much on the Venom end. Oh well. THe way I look at it: If its nitrous, I'm happy. *cough*Venom rules*cough*. Its a good thing a $6-$700 system is a "Fisher price designed system". Thats one damn expensive toy :D

JAWS 021 08-01-2002 11:39 PM

i love nitrous
tongue.gif
maybe one day ill do a 500 shot direct port setup... just for ****z and giggles
lol

Veniston 08-01-2002 11:49 PM

I'd like to see that.....from the safety of a bunker outside the blast radius wink

JAWS 021 08-01-2002 11:51 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>Veniston:
I'd like to see that.....from the safety of a bunker outside the blast radius wink </div>LMAO!
that would be a pretty kool explosion...lol

hmmm 500 shot though.... i could sell all my turbo stuff and....
ahhhhhhhh
stupid voices!
lol

that would really be kool though... i could buy stronger ross pistons, titanium rods, buy 2 more bottles for a 3 bottle setup in the trunk (screw the speakers), tune my 550cc's with an safc, buy a progresive setup OR THE VENOM VCN-2000...lol... hmmm
*light bulbs*
:D

[ August 02, 2002, 07:03 AM: Message edited by: JAWS 021 ]

XtremezTiburon 08-02-2002 01:41 AM

can I take out a life insurance policy on ya Jaws? You got "mad nitrous addict disease". Oh and if ya die, somebody send me pics of the big boom. :D

JAWS 021 08-02-2002 01:47 AM

no im serious...lol
i think it would be a kick ass setup
imagine opening the tibby trunk to find 3 nice black venom bottles stacked up all linked together with pressure reaching 1500PSI....

then a 125 shot nozzle on each cylender...

It would work... stronger pistons, titanium rods (hopefully i wont shatter one), thats all it would take

that would be a kick ass setup

i think i just found out what to do with my spare engine....

oh wait... imma need a tranny
DOH!
sad.gif

BTW... im not addicted man :D ,... even though everyone thinks i am :confused:

[ August 02, 2002, 08:48 AM: Message edited by: JAWS 021 ]

JAWS 021 08-02-2002 05:26 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>tibboy316:
if i have a stock tibby with no mods but a random special cai how high of shot u thikn i could pull outta my ass? think i could get a 65 or should i stick with a 55</div>depends on what kit you go with

with a 55... any kit will do

for a 65 i recommend you upgrade your fuel pump

then... depending on what kit you get, you can go as high as a 125 shot via direct port

or
do a 80 shot dry setup
it all depends how insane you are

hawaiibullrider 08-04-2002 12:48 AM

Hey guys, I think I was the one Jaws was referring to on the NX expert crap. Anyway on a fully stock 2.0L that puts out a factory rated 140HP to the flywheel the 75HP jettings will be really really close to the limits of the fuel pump which is 240HP. The 75HP NX system is rated at the wheel so thats 75 WHP which equates to about a 95 HP to the crank. So you add about 95 to the 145HP to the crank and you get 240 HP at the crank. I would not recomend running that close to fuel pump limits. The 50HP jetting I promise you will feel as its about the equivalent to a 70shot NOS jetting. If you were to upgrade the fuel pump (ie. Eclipse turbo pump) You would be able to run the 75HP jettings with no probs. Past that your looking at internal upgrades. As far as safety goes NX will be coming out with an A/F ratio cutoff here soon. It was supposed to be out last year but got held back because it was too sensitive. This unit is why most people think the venoms are safer. NX also has an optional fuel pressure cut off switch.

Anyway I hope this answered your questions.

HRD_Tiburon 08-04-2002 04:38 AM

All I have ever used was Nitrous Express, for about 7 years now.

tibboy316 08-04-2002 09:04 AM

hows nx work for yah

Cheuk in Seoul 08-04-2002 09:48 AM

The only concern I have with the a/f shut off switch is that

IF the nitrous was tuned correctly on initial installation with a wide band... the only time you will go into the danger range resulting in a/f modulated shut off... is when you have a catastrophic failure... fuel line failure, fuel pump failure, injector failure, nitrous/fuel solenoid failure... I'm afraid that it will be too late. The damage would have already been done. The a/f switch MIGHT save you but it is definately not a sure thing.

hawaiibullrider 08-04-2002 02:51 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>Cheuk in Seoul:
The only concern I have with the a/f shut off switch is that

IF the nitrous was tuned correctly on initial installation with a wide band... the only time you will go into the danger range resulting in a/f modulated shut off... is when you have a catastrophic failure... fuel line failure, fuel pump failure, injector failure, nitrous/fuel solenoid failure... I'm afraid that it will be too late. The damage would have already been done. The a/f switch MIGHT save you but it is definately not a sure thing.</div>Which is why NX HAS a FUEL PRESSURE SAFETY CUTOFF SWITCH. smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif

And thats my point why would anyone want to run their nitrous so close to the edge of their fuel pump limits anyway. It's so stupid. Keep an eye on yur spark plugs replace them every oil change etc.... just keep your car in tune and you wont have to worry about no A/F ratio cut off. Like chuek said if your fuel pump cuts out for some odd reason that A/F ratio cutoff aint gonna save ya, that NX fuel pressure safety cut off will allow you to turn the nitrous off before you will even go lean.

JAWS 021 08-04-2002 03:16 PM

yes SCCA your the NX expert here wink
as far as the fuel pressure switch.. that would be cool

The venom does rely on the pressure, it just works the hell out of your injectors

either kit will benefit you...
but cheuk is right though... if something terribly wrong happens BYE BYE engine... This is most like to occur with ZEX or NOS... thats why i only recommend them for 55 shots, maybe 65

just dont spray while rally racing or anything

tongue.gif
youll be fine with either venom or NX

Anthony Thomas 08-12-2002 04:44 PM

He is? I thought that was me? Been either selling or installing the kits for about 4 years now.

Any nitrous system is safe to use as long as the right measures are taken. Sure you can get away with just a basic kit, but you run into tuning issues in different conditions. Without a bottle heater, nitrous powered cars are usually slow at night than during the day and run slowly on cool days during the early spring, winter and fall months of the year. So a bottle heater is a good investemnt. NX just happen to make the best one.

For new users I would suggest a few things that more experenced users might not need or have a use for.

On stick/manual cars I would look into a MSD "Windows" RPM swtich or if you want to get a little fancy Jacobs Nitrous Mastermind. The Jacobs contains a nitrous rev-limiter and the MSD swtich can be used as one. The Jacobs also has a progressive control unit built-in. Very effective unit, though quality control varies with each unit.

With any nitrous kit I would install a fuel pressure safety swtich. I have installed them many times and I know plenty of people that haven't used them ever, but like I said for the novice that's just getting into it I would highly recommend one. Better safe than sorry.

A Nitrous pressure gauge either bottle mounted or pilar mounted is a good idea. Helps keep tuning in check.

Other than that I would recommend a company that has a full line of kits and accessories. That really only leaves four companies -

NX

NOS

ZEX

Compucar

Every last one of them offers what I feel is the most important tuning aid with nitrous - Bottle heater.

I like and sell NX because their nozzles use less nitrous overall to get the job done and also have various nozzles for different apps which is helpful if upgrading and their solnoids carry a lifetime warranty and are much bigger than what NOS, The Nitrous Works, Top Gun or Compucar give you (good up to 300hp).

In testing and in use they have produced the best results also.

If anybody is interested in a NX kit or system let me know