Nitrous Oxide (NOS, Zex, NX Express, Venom, etc) This forum is for Nitrous Oxide discussions, and an area for folks to ask questions about Nitrous Oxide and related parts.

NOS Sniper Kit

Old 05-19-2010, 01:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon
Default NOS Sniper Kit

So Im seeing NOS has the Sniper Kit, and its considerably cheaper than the regular wet kits but yet I cant figure out WHY its cheaper Shifty.gif

Sniper - $300
http://www.amazon.com/NOS-07005NOS-Sniper-...s/dp/B000VVZ2I8

Exclusive NOS "Soft-Plume" Fogger nozzle finely atomizes the fuel for superior nitrous and fuel distribution
Steel bottle brackets
Stainless steel braided line
Orange sniper 10 pound bottle
75-100-125 horsepower jetting mild to insane power
NOS 07005NOS Sniper Kit Universal EFI 4 and 6 Cylinder 4- and 6- cylinder Universal Sniperr Wet EFI nitrous kit. Comes with all components necessary for an easy installation. Exclusive NOS "soft-plume" fogger nozzle atomizes the fuel for better nitrous/fuel distribution. Steel bottle brackets, stainless steel braided line, Orange Sniper 10lb bottle and industry-leading instruction manual included

Regular Kit - $500
http://www.amazon.com/NOS-05130NOS-Univers...f=pd_sbs_auto_6

Universal kit of 35-50-75 horsepower jetting for 4 and 6 cylinder multi-point EFI engines
Soft-Plume stainless steel fogger nozzle produces the finest and safest fuel to nitrous mixture
Features high quality components to utilize the best performance
90-day limited warranty
Micro-switch, safety relays and all other components are included for a simple installation
This NOS universal single fogger wet nitrous system kit offers the most for your turbo charged and super charged vehicle. The nitrous fogger system has been thoroughly dyno-test to ensure safe, dependable results. This kit is designed for 4 and 6 cylinder multi-point EFI engines that are basically stock. Use only premium grade pump gasoline (92+ octane) or unleaded racing fuel.

Old 05-19-2010, 02:31 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

everything is chinese made pretty much

its like the difference between a rolex and a pholex
Old 05-19-2010, 02:36 PM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

They both look to be from Nitrous Oxide Systems (NOS), so it I'm interested also if anyone knows the answer on this.
Old 05-21-2010, 02:47 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

I keep looking at this thread hoping for an answer and the best I can come up with is the $200 difference is made up from them being able to reclaim more brass on the holes in the jets... Bigger holes... and the relay comes preinstalled in the plug on the cheaper one..

heh.. dunno..

You will need to get a set of 55 jets or stick with the 75 if you are brave.

Those kits look functionally identical You'd be more likely to blow your engine with the jets in the cheap one. They can be replaced though. That's the only thing I can see which is a FUNCTIONAL change in the kit.
Old 05-21-2010, 04:14 PM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 14 EGT 2.0

QUOTE (Visionz @ May 19 2010, 08:36 PM)
They both look to be from Nitrous Oxide Systems (NOS), so it I'm interested also if anyone knows the answer on this.

Its not, one of them is Sniper Nitrous System. It even has that on the solenoids. Knock off company with a name close enough to make people think is being put together by holley.
Old 05-21-2010, 04:37 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

QUOTE (WytchDctr @ May 21 2010, 03:14 PM)
Its not, one of them is Sniper Nitrous System. It even has that on the solenoids. Knock off company with a name close enough to make people think is being put together by holley.

Nope, try again.
Old 05-21-2010, 05:02 PM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 14 EGT 2.0

Ah, I was wrong. Then I have no idea why the price is so far off...

Odd they dont use their actual name under the sniper thing..