Nitrous Oxide (NOS, Zex, NX Express, Venom, etc) This forum is for Nitrous Oxide discussions, and an area for folks to ask questions about Nitrous Oxide and related parts.

Nos?

Old 03-13-2002, 02:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nos?

Hey, I need some help understanding somethings about nos. It is my understanding that nos is mainly used for 5th gear top end situations? So why is it so popular? I only race 1/4 so I wouldnt be able to even use it. Or can you use it in lower gears without striping the gears out? Also what is the differnce between wet and dry systems? Why in the world would someone want that zex kit, if its controled to only go off at top end? What is a good cheap system for 97 tib fx(would prefer a lower shot)? gimme some help here guys, thanks!
Old 03-13-2002, 03:46 AM

first of all you do not use nitro when your racing over 100mph in 5gear then you will clear out some of your gearbox because 5gear is not for racing i think it´s there mainly for lowering revs when your cruizing on the highway!
and second zex kit does not go off only at top end it just activates when your at wide open throttle, there is a difference! and you do not want to start spraying at low revs anyways, you will get minimum traction and there for the edge is gone and you can start spraying in first gear if you want just make sure your at 3000rpm or so when you hit it! the deal with just spraying at wide open throttle is that if your engine doesn´t get fuel with the nos like say if you hit the rev limiter and the computer shuts of your fuel for a split second then you can kiss your engine bye bye there for the zex only gives you gas at wide open but you have to watch out for the rev limiter or you can get an msd window switch and program it to go off for example between 3000-6500! just do a search on wet and dry or just nos then you will find everything you need to know wink
Old 03-13-2002, 04:06 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

BTW..it's called nitrous, not NOS. NOS is the name of a company that produces nitrous oxide kits, and what people who watch Fast & Furious 10 times a day call it. wink *lol*
Old 03-13-2002, 04:23 AM

yea I know, its just quicker to say nos. Im not that new to it. haha
Old 03-13-2002, 04:52 AM

go and read this entire website.

then, when you are done, come back here and post questions.

http://www.pcrepairworld.com/nitrousworld

and get your fast and furious tape and throw it in the garbage please. smile.gif