Nitrous Oxide (NOS, Zex, NX Express, Venom, etc) This forum is for Nitrous Oxide discussions, and an area for folks to ask questions about Nitrous Oxide and related parts.

NO2 Question

Old 02-16-2002, 09:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NO2 Question

This may sound dumb. But hey whats that saying again.
Ok in one of the forums someone mentioned while talking about NO2 70HP hitting the tranny all at once.
Is there a way to scale up and not slam it.
Say take a full 1 to 2 seconds to get a full shot. giving the engine and tranny less of a slamming shock yet still getting the total boost.

I don't know if this is just dumb or usefull but I used to work Manufacturing. Ive seen what happens when metal gets overpowered to fast.

I plan on getting the zex kit and I wont be using all the time. Just things I want to keep in mind.

Thanx
Old 02-16-2002, 10:19 AM

I beleave NOS or Zex (maybe msd but i doubt that) makes or has built in a controler for timed shots. Starts at say 30% and climbs durning the preset time... let me do some looking and i'll let you know of what i find.

Just found it (link was hidden in my disorganized bookmarks) http://www.nosnitrous.com/HiOctn/ProdLine/...electrical.html they have the staged controlers.

[ February 16, 2002: Message edited by: NightRaven ]
Old 02-16-2002, 10:24 AM

One of the best progressive controllers for nitrous in the Nitrous Express controller. It isn't cheap, it runs about $500.00.
Old 02-16-2002, 10:43 AM

Tnax.Now I have an ida what to look for Ill see if zex has one if not I might go to Nos or another other then zex. I just have this vision of me going WOT and with that 75 shot seeing my tranny fall out rolleyes.gif

Now all I have to do in coinvince the wife that a grand or so of NO2 eqp is worth it. LOL well I did give her kittens for V Day.. tongue.gif
Old 02-16-2002, 10:50 AM

Nitrous Express is a lot better that the NOS brand. They have a lot better tech support.
Old 02-16-2002, 10:56 AM

So what does it do just open the Solinoid over time. OK so heres the question. Would one of the Nos controlers also work with the zex system. It looks with the zex controler it might not.

Does this sound like a plan. I like the zex stuff. Not to expensive (start slow then as My job pays me more the better it gets)
The zex kit Minus the controler and solinoid. Get the Nos controler and solindoind and use that?
any comments.
Old 02-16-2002, 11:13 AM

You can get the Nitrous express kit for about the same price and then get the controller. You can expand the nitrous express kit a little more, if you want to go up in power.
Old 02-16-2002, 05:50 PM

The selling point for the ZEX kit is its simplicity for a low power straight foward no hassle dry kit.

The other systems... NX, NOS has much more capabilities and options. If you want anything more than a straight foward 55-75 hp go with these setups.

I personally think that a beginner with nitrous / tuning should stick to something simple. The ZEX kit would probably satisfy you.... but it does not come close to being enough for HRD smile.gif
Old 02-16-2002, 06:11 PM

If your new to the nitrous then a zex kit is the best wat to go, it is very easy to install and it is easy to remove if you have to bring your car back to the dealer for warrant work. I have done it and they had no clue that it was even there. If you want, you can use NOS's progressive controller it is the cheapest and easy to install and you can controll the flow of nitrous from 0hp-75hp over a time of 0-30 seconds it will smooth out the power increase,what the controllers due is they pulse the selaniod open and closed and each time it will stay open longer until it just stays open full blast. I have been running the zex in my Tib without a contorller and have not had a problem with it,but I was thinking of getting one to help stop my wheel spin when I launch on the nitous.
Old 02-17-2002, 05:31 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

Jacobs Electronics also has a progressive Nitrous controler for about $299.