Nitrous Oxide (NOS, Zex, NX Express, Venom, etc) This forum is for Nitrous Oxide discussions, and an area for folks to ask questions about Nitrous Oxide and related parts.

Nitrous and turbo question.

Old 10-19-2004, 11:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: FS: Cross Drilled front rotors for 97-98 Tiburon (captiv

thanks for great explanation smile.gif

let us know how it goes smile.gif

double post above mine that I made before, you quoted dweet and answered his questions, and then you made another post and quoted me smile.gif
Old 10-19-2004, 11:55 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring
Default Re: FX model vs SE model

I have a hard enough time seperating quotes with one person. lol.gif
Old 10-19-2004, 06:29 PM

Default Re: Carbon fiber hood weigh difference?

i think we are miscommunicating jon.. i get what you are saying but we are really saying the same thing... oh well i give up lol
Old 10-19-2004, 07:04 PM

Default Re: Need assistance with my SAFCII

cant believe you gave up arguin! lol

either way I will be spraying with my turbo!!!
Old 10-19-2004, 07:56 PM

Default Re: Possible Vice President?

well i cant talk properly, i know what i mean i just cant make it into words... im like Bush, a pure genious but cant talk right
Old 10-20-2004, 12:23 AM

Default Re: Glass packed muffler question

QUOTE (Dweet)
well i cant talk properly, i know what i mean i just cant make it into words... im like Bush,

You got that right buddy... lol.gif

Take a good night rest and look at the topic tomorrow..

I was starting to think you were on something typing. tongue.gif

Back to the original question.

You could possibly get away with a 75 shot of nitrous with about 270-290whp of boost in the car already. You do raise the chances of you detonating though, so keep that in mind. Yes the fifth injector has worked, but like everyone says... its not perfect. Also, compression is a bit lower, so you do have a larger margin for error.

I would strongly suggest you save up some extra cash and get a direct port if you insist on using nitrous with boost in that manner.

Other options:
Use nitrous on the intercooler... people have seen some pretty good gains spraying nitrous to freeze up the intercooler and lower the compressed air temps going into the engine. Not sure how much you will gain, as this is something i never ventured to... although im considering it in the future.

Another option... ditch nitrous all together and just go with more boost.. its cheaper, and easier to tune.

If you are absolutely hard headed on making this work... MAke sure to go 2-3 jets higher on the wet kit. To tell you the truth, i would go with 5 jet increase (on the rich side). Thats how scary it might be...
Tune it on a dyno...

You would want to be around 10-11 on the a/f side... just to be safe. Other might say 12 is fine.. which it could be..
I guess ive just blown up too many times to do high risk shit like that anymore (100 shot tongue.gif )

Oh well good luck man
Old 10-20-2004, 12:53 AM

Default Re: Boostin a 97 tibbie

thanks Jaws smile.gif

needed input from someone like you to clarify some things smile.gif

it will be tuned and the engine will be ready for the power smile.gif
You say, raise boost, but once you max our MAFs, you need to get stand alone to raise boost, and I'm trying to avoid that, at least for now.

Will take into consideration everything you said smile.gif but for now I need to get all of my parts....( hey Tim...) and put the damn turbo into my car and then talk about maxin my MAF out.

Thanks again, appreciate your help smile.gif