Nitrous Oxide (NOS, Zex, NX Express, Venom, etc) This forum is for Nitrous Oxide discussions, and an area for folks to ask questions about Nitrous Oxide and related parts.

Nitrous trouble

Old 06-08-2010, 08:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Tib/03 Silverado
Default Nitrous trouble

I was using a NOS brand wet nozzle. I switched to a ZEX brand nozzle and use their recommended jet sizes and also installed a wide band AFR at the same time. The wide band shows a near steady 10 while spraying and occasionally drops to 9.9. The car also does not seem to pull as hard with the new nozzles.

I have checked to make sure the jets are not clogged and checked the lines. I'm almost certain that some nitrous is spraying because if i turn the bottle off and only fuel is sprayed i get a AFR that ranges from 9.5-9.8 . This is very close to what the AFR is with the bottle open but their is a definite difference in the readings.

Any ideas?
Old 06-08-2010, 09:28 AM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Purge your lines before use. Use a bigger nitrous jet and a smaller fuel jet. Get those numbers around 11. Our cars run rich for better lifespan. Bump up the air ratio for better performance, but don't go out of manufacturer specs too much.
Old 06-08-2010, 06:57 PM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 14 EGT 2.0

nvm, misread your cars year model.