Nitrous Oxide (NOS, Zex, NX Express, Venom, etc) This forum is for Nitrous Oxide discussions, and an area for folks to ask questions about Nitrous Oxide and related parts.

Nitrous Precautions

Old 10-11-2015, 04:53 PM
UKS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2004 Sonata
Default Nitrous Precautions

I was wondering if someone could explain what you need to look out for in the short/medium/long run when using Nitrous systems.

Are there beginners mistakes where you ruin the car?

I'm considering to get a system, but I've heard they can be taxing or worse to your engine after a while.
Old 10-11-2015, 07:20 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Elantra GLS

You will need to find a aftermarket intake manifold. The welds on the stock manifold are too weak and are prone to breakage.

Contrary to popular belief, the factory floorboards are actually quite strong and should hold up to a 150 shot. Most problems occur when people install weak, low quality diamond plate floorboards.

Ask any racer, any real racer. They will all say that a steering wheel mounted nitrous button should be used instead of a full-throttle switch.

Wait until the very end of the race to activate nitrous.

It doesn't matter if you are running a 25 shot or a 250 shot. You NEED at LEAST two 15 pound bottles.

Nitrous is highly flammable, especially when shot, so try not to piss off a chinese gangster by sleeping with his sister.

I have yet to see the three newest Fast and the Furious movies, so my knowledge is limited.

Perhaps Stocker will give you some helpful info. He has the fastest car on Hyundaiaftermarket

And is currently running a 300 shot of nitrous.
Old 10-12-2015, 06:02 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

Install a good NX system and don't spray for more than a 1/4 mile, or 15 seconds. And don't do it again immediately after.