Nitrous Oxide (NOS, Zex, NX Express, Venom, etc) This forum is for Nitrous Oxide discussions, and an area for folks to ask questions about Nitrous Oxide and related parts.

nitrous on an auto.

Old 08-26-2002, 06:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default nitrous on an auto.

i've got a 2000 auto tiburon. what would i have to do to run a simple nitrous setup, without blowing out my transmission? (short of getting rid of it).. Or would the auto be able to handle like a 55 shot? I'm pretty much stock, with an intake and muffler (not done with the rest of the exhaust yet). Maybe i'm just dreaming here? frown
Old 08-26-2002, 06:59 PM

Yeah you should be fine.

Are man Brendan? From Elantra Zone does it. You need to get a transmission cooler thou.

The bigger the better, those auto die from heat and they make a ton of it!

http://webhome.idirect.com/~trini/car/
Old 08-26-2002, 11:14 PM

I'm making a new post tongue.gif
Old 08-26-2002, 11:21 PM

My friend works at the track and he told me that putting NOS on an auto is more productive because all you have to do is step on the gas at full throttle and lay on the button whenever you are ready, with a stick you have to let off the gas atleast 4 times to switch gears so you have to wait to spray, by that time someone with an auto could have already sprayed and then it's too late.
Old 08-27-2002, 04:23 AM

Hmmmmmm... rolleyes.gif
Old 08-27-2002, 04:59 AM

elantra101:
My friend works at the track and he told me that putting NOS on an auto is more productive because all you have to do is step on the gas at full throttle and lay on the button whenever you are ready, with a stick you have to let off the gas atleast 4 times to switch gears so you have to wait to spray, by that time someone with an auto could have already sprayed and then it's too late.
Isn't that what the WOT (wide open throttle) switch is for?
Old 08-27-2002, 03:27 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Tiburon FX - now 2006 Infiniti M35 Sport

What he means is someone with an auto will constantly have the nitrous on going down the track. Someone with a manual will have to let off wot and even when he steps on it, there's a very slight delay before the solenoid is activated. Those add up. Another benefit of nitrous with an auto is you'll almost never hit the rev limiter if you drive with the car in D.

Cooling the tranny isn't that much of a concern unless if you're brave enough to keep the nitrous flowing for long periods of time (15+ seconds)...
you should be alright with a 55 shot.
good luck

[ August 28, 2002, 02:07 PM: Message edited by: Josh ]