Nitrous Oxide (NOS, Zex, NX Express, Venom, etc) This forum is for Nitrous Oxide discussions, and an area for folks to ask questions about Nitrous Oxide and related parts.

nitro vs turbo/super charger

Old 07-17-2002, 02:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default nitro vs turbo/super charger

im having a very very difficult time deciding what i should get for my car....I would prefer to have both but being a 16 year old wiht only a 10 dollar an hour job one knows i couldnt afford both

so im asking you gusy which do u think would be best to get.... i want to go nitro because i think it woudl be cheaper and easier ot maintain but a turbo would more then likely be more effective.... but the tuning cost and the cost of the turbo would be over whelming.

a super charger i suppose woudl work but those arent as effective as the turbo so i suppose if you gunna spend money might as well spend like 500 or so more for the turbo.

so any help woudl be nice
1.turbo/nitro
2. which company for turbo and cost for tuning and all
3.which nitro kit to go with and who its made by...i dont wanna do to much revamping of my engine but i want more power
Old 07-17-2002, 02:17 AM

10 dollars an hour for a 16 year old
spoiled....
lol
1) money is always an issue,... get power only when you want it... go with nitrous
TRUST ME... turbos are much more expensive than what they seem
2) Alpine makes turbo kits, also UFB ballistic racing.... they have the most complete kit out there on the market. I believe its 3500 plus install, plus tuning
3) nitrous needs NO TUNING... go with NOS, ZEX, VENOM, or NX
all depends how much power you want and how safe you wanna be
Old 07-17-2002, 02:20 AM

tibboy316
im having a very very difficult time deciding what i should get for my car....I would prefer to have both but being a 16 year old wiht only a 10 dollar an hour job one knows i couldnt afford both

so im asking you gusy which do u think would be best to get.... i want to go nitro because i think it woudl be cheaper and easier ot maintain but a turbo would more then likely be more effective.... but the tuning cost and the cost of the turbo would be over whelming.

a super charger i suppose woudl work but those arent as effective as the turbo so i suppose if you gunna spend money might as well spend like 500 or so more for the turbo.

so any help woudl be nice
1.turbo/nitro
2. which company for turbo and cost for tuning and all
3.which nitro kit to go with and who its made by...i dont wanna do to much revamping of my engine but i want more power
1. It's not NITRO and it's not NAAAAAWWWS. It is N20 (nitrous oxide).

2. Do a search. There's TONS of info on this subject.

3. How much are you willing to spend?
Old 07-17-2002, 02:24 AM

hehe i work for a prfesionalland scaping place tongue.gif i better get a raise here pretty damn soon but yes

ill go wtih nitro then....i like the zex *smart* kit and woudl like to be able to hook it up to my aceelator so it injects when its armed and i punch it(plus i wont have a button and i can hide the switch and bottles when i get pulled over) eek!
i want a decent boost nothing im gunna have to do a lot of internal stuff with because if i got something to big i woudl proboly have to redo my manifiold and proboly new pistons and that would be kinda expensive

so maybe some people could give me some dyno readings on what they have gotton from their cars and what size they put on theirs
(id like to go direct port if i could)
Old 07-17-2002, 02:26 AM

in reply to hottie...i dunno not a lot but not to little that it will be pointless......

and yes i know its NO2 but that takes to much enegery with the **** or typing out nitros oxide that takes a while to lol remember im 16 im a lazy little ****tn kid lol

yes it also gets on my nerves when people say i wanna buy a NOS system for my car.....i was thinking about gettin a venom kit or something like that...its like dude wtf are you on smile.gif
Old 07-17-2002, 02:44 AM

tibboy316:
ill go wtih nitro then....i like the zex *smart* kit and woudl like to be able to hook it up to my aceelator so it injects when its armed and i punch it(plus i wont have a button and i can hide the switch and bottles when i get pulled over) D
1. You REALLY need to do a search and some RESEARCH before you go spending your hard-earned landscaping *coughGRASSCUTTERcough* money on N20. You should have a basic understanding of how it works. Best way to do that is go to the ZEX, VENOM, NX or NOS site and check their FAQ section.
Old 07-17-2002, 02:46 AM

yes i cut some grass but i also do a lot of edging last week i dug a little pond for somebody that was fun lol no
but yes thank you
Old 07-17-2002, 02:51 AM

zex has a kit for the 97-99 tib woudl that work on a 2001?
Old 07-17-2002, 02:57 AM
Red

Direct port is money, and is MORE money if you cannot do the install yourself -- which I would assume this is the case, based on your relatively new leap into cars.

A proper direct port kit will run around $1000-$1200 for parts. Yes, kits can be as *cheap* as $700, but with 100+ horsepower on-tap, you REQUIRE a progressive controller, a purge valve so the pressure doesn't stay on the solenoids after you're done spraying, and you'll need a fuel pump for anything over 75 additional ponies. To have a professional do the install on the direct-port kit will be nothing short of $500...

A wet kit versus a dry kit will be almost the same money, between $500 and $700 for the full setup unless you go for the electronically controlled ones (like you mentioned) Install on one of these is much easier, so the install cost will be lower. Maybe as little as $200?

Tuning is a good idea for the best power output, but a professional can usually get it close (and safe) on the install just by using the prescribed fuel pill or pressure. It's still not a bad idea to take it to a dyno and have the air/fuel ratio double-checked just to make sure.

If you run a dry kit, push no more than a 55 shot on the stock injectors. If you run a wet kit, the limit bumps to about a 75 shot. If you're running direct port, have it tuned VERY well and buy quality components, the limit on a stock motor is approximately 150. At that point, you start breaking transmission parts...
Old 07-17-2002, 03:38 AM

Red:
At that point, you start breaking transmission parts...
NO NO NO
we must think positively red
damnit
dont jinx me

lol

you can how ever do a 75 with a dry kit... but you must replace the stock fuel pump to a better unit.
If you go with a 75 you must also upgrade your spark plugs
i recommend the ZEX plugs... believe it or not... i havent fried one of those
lol
autolites and NGK's are toast in my engine
lol

Get a used ZEX or NOS kit
that would do you some good
if you want more power... get an intake, headers, exhaust and stuff like that
Keep things simple