Nitrous Oxide (NOS, Zex, NX Express, Venom, etc) This forum is for Nitrous Oxide discussions, and an area for folks to ask questions about Nitrous Oxide and related parts.

Lean shut off switch

Old 06-04-2010, 01:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon
Default Lean shut off switch

I've searched around and so far I've heard that you need to splice into a wideband sensor to install it? (which I've also read is not recommended)

My question is:

Are there any other lean shut-off switch options that perhaps don't require using the wideband? I know that Splicing into OEM O2 sensors will mess up the voltage.
Old 06-04-2010, 08:37 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Tune it once and if you feel that it requires tuning again, then do so. ZEX does not recommend paying anyone to tune your nitrous jetting, no mention in the manual. The NOS shop said that they've never seen a problem with ZEX.

Basically, It's not needed with a wet shot. Whatever you're spraying in is what gets processed in your engine. If the proper amount of nitrous and fuel goes in, you should be fine.
Old 08-29-2010, 04:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2003 elantra

QUOTE (DTN @ Jun 4 2010, 09:37 PM)
Tune it once and if you feel that it requires tuning again, then do so. ZEX does not recommend paying anyone to tune your nitrous jetting, no mention in the manual. The NOS shop said that they've never seen a problem with ZEX.

Basically, It's not needed with a wet shot. Whatever you're spraying in is what gets processed in your engine. If the proper amount of nitrous and fuel goes in, you should be fine.

a good way to go about doing this is getting the dynotunenitrous.com lean shut down nitrous controller. its fairly cheap and allows you to use wideband or narrowband 02 sensors as the premise for watching when things get too lean. it allows you to setup how fast you want it to react as well as what afr is too lean and such. its also a wot switch as well and i THINK its also a window switch too.. (been a while since i used mine)

http://www.dynotunenitrous.com/store/scrip...sp?idproduct=67

excellent product when coupled with a wet kit. i wouldn't use one without it.