Nitrous Oxide (NOS, Zex, NX Express, Venom, etc) This forum is for Nitrous Oxide discussions, and an area for folks to ask questions about Nitrous Oxide and related parts.

hiddint the nitrous

Old 11-05-2002, 04:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hiddint the nitrous

hey im looking for a way to hide my nitrous from anyone who looked under my hood...my mom got really pissed about the direct port setup in my car so im thinking about buying a zex setup so i only have that little box for the silinoids and then making it removeable so i can only put it in when needed,by adding an extra little sleeve right before the thorlttle body then just being able to take that out should work, im really looking for a good place to hide and activation switch, the silinod, and most of all that big *** tank lol
Old 11-05-2002, 05:11 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

It would be easier/cheaper for you to just convert your setup to a single fogger shot under your intake tube. Then place the solenoids behind the manifold.

BTW - You can give the showerhead, lines and 4 extra nozzles to me for my shark nozzle. tongue.gif wink

[ November 05, 2002, 12:14 PM: Message edited by: JonGTR ]
Old 11-05-2002, 06:04 AM

yes i realize that would be cheaper but i aslo think i can get 700 still outta my direct port setup get a zes setup and then have 200 left over wink
Old 11-05-2002, 06:18 AM
Red

Being that I can buy a brand new NX 80004EFI direct port kit for $650 (and mine was even cheaper), I'm not sure you can sell yours for $700 used.

In any case...

I too had been wondering about this. My best idea so far is to run all the nozzles through the underside of the intake manifold. Plumb them using the stainless lines covered in either electrical tape or that flexible conduit stuff.

Attach the solenoids upside down (NX tech says it's ok) to the underside of the plenum, and run the feed stainless braided NOS lines (covered with that flexible conduit again) through the firewall right there behind the manifold. The braided steel fuel feed line will have to be covered to be inconspicuous as well...

Someone who really knew what to look for would see it, but someone who's generally uneducated about cars wouldn't know the difference.
Old 11-05-2002, 06:23 AM

tibboy, you could always put the stuff you don't want seen up your *** . just my $.02 random, where can you get that nx kit for $650? i realize that things are expensive straight from the manufacturer (nx wants like $900? on their site), but is that price from a distributor online?
Old 11-05-2002, 07:23 AM
Red

I'm the other "R" name...

Hell I lied, you can get them for less than $650 new now...
Here's one for $629

Here's one for $600

I've also seen them on GroupBuy.com for as little as $577 including shipping.
Old 11-05-2002, 08:24 AM

i dunno maybe they woudl fit up your *** better but anyways....the point of this is so i dont have to redo the holes in my intake...im also thinking maybe i can just use what i have and rig up a single stage kit...maybe use the shower heads buy a couple little nitrous tanks put them under my back seat hook them up to the heads and then run a single hose to the silinoid from there, dunno if htat would work
Old 11-06-2002, 01:38 AM

ok guys settle down before i stick a bottle up both of your asses

tongue.gif
[flexes moderator powers]

Alright... what you could do is buy black hosing and cover the lines with it...

Cover it all up with black hoses

As for the bottle... stick that bastard in the spare tire well....

Remove the jack and spare tire... get a towel and wrap it around the bottle (so it doesnt make a noize) and stick it in there.

You can cover up all the lines with tubing... It could also be an excuse to get some blue tubing and cover your hole engine
Old 11-06-2002, 11:16 AM

lol but the second i do that ill get a flat
Old 11-06-2002, 04:41 PM

well thats the only place you can put it without "custom" fees