Nitrous Oxide (NOS, Zex, NX Express, Venom, etc) This forum is for Nitrous Oxide discussions, and an area for folks to ask questions about Nitrous Oxide and related parts.

Finally bought nitrous system!

Old 10-31-2011, 02:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2007 Tiburon
Default Finally bought nitrous system!

I finally bought the zex kit! I can't wait to finish installing it. Seems like a 4-6 hour job. How long did it take you guys to do it? Also I plan on just doing 55 shot at first but plan on eventually maybe going to 75. Also where do you guys think a good place is to put the purge kit?

Can't wait to run it!!
Old 11-01-2011, 10:06 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

Congrats on the purchase. I think most people usually purge their kits where the washer nozzles are, so the purge goes straight up into the air. It really doesnt matter though where you purge it from. It just depends on if you want to show it off or not to the people around you.

55 is a good starter shot. Not sure if you have a V6 or the I4, but regardless you should look into getting a bigger fuel pump, better plugs & wires if you want to go to a higher shot. Did you get a wet system or dry?

Installation time should only take you abour 2-3 hours really. The longest part of the install time will be running the nitrous lines from the hatch (or where ever you install the bottle), to the engine. Plus the wiring of the switch and solenoids can take some time too.
Old 11-01-2011, 01:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 13 Gen Coupe Ult.

Zex is super easy to install, I think the hardest part is finind which 1 or the 3 wires you have to tap to teach the Zex when your at WOT! But other than that it is like installing a power, ground, and and of course the switch is inline with power. IT is really easy!