Nitrous Oxide (NOS, Zex, NX Express, Venom, etc) This forum is for Nitrous Oxide discussions, and an area for folks to ask questions about Nitrous Oxide and related parts.

direct port nitrous

Old 06-27-2002, 06:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can get it off his website: www.hyundaiproject.com
Old 06-27-2002, 10:14 AM

ever seen lots of parts go flying through the bottom of an oil pan? LOL

i suggest you start off with something simpler, single wet fogger nozzle about 6-8 inches in front of the throttle body , 80 hp jets should get you in the 14's if you even know how to push the clutch in.

http://www.pcrepairworld.com/nitrousworld
Old 06-27-2002, 12:18 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

"Stages" people!!!! rolleyes.gif

Do you have the cash to put a 150+ nitrous kit together? You'd have to shell out over $2500 at one time to do this and not having a car for a while. If you go through stages and take baby steps, then you can slowly add to your nitrous monster to get that 150+ h.p.

1. Get a wet kit. I prefer and have heard that many people love the Nitrous Express kit. You can first try out the 30-50 shot with stock components. Get all the accessories like the purge, bottle warmer, A/F guage, Fuel guage, nitrous guage, etc.
2. Once you feel you need more and have everything under control, change your jets to a 75-80 only after you have invested in a great fuel pump. Remember, think ahead to your goal when gettting these parts. wink
3. This is the stage to start upgrading your engine. Rods, Pistons, wires, Clutch, axles, etc. Again, think ahead. If you plan on getting to a 150+ then get a stage 4 clutch kit. You'll also need a way to retard the timing for the added nitrous of 100+.
4. Now finish off your direct port kit. Most of the parts from the wet kit can be used in the direct port kit.(ex. bottle, solenoids,N02/fuel lines, etc.) Anything that gets tossed can be given to me. wink j/k Try selling them on e-bay. I think the only thing that will get tossed is the nozzle anyways. rolleyes.gif

Going this route, you could only expect to put up $300-800 at a time instead of $2500 up front. wink
Old 06-27-2002, 12:24 PM

I wouldn't worry about a direct port fogger for a little shot like your looking at using. NOS is junk, they're the fisher price of nitrous, like most bolt on and go system. Remember you will have to calibrate the jet sizing to get the rite No2 to fuel ratio.