Nitrous Oxide (NOS, Zex, NX Express, Venom, etc) This forum is for Nitrous Oxide discussions, and an area for folks to ask questions about Nitrous Oxide and related parts.

Can I safely leave bottle in trunk all the time?

Old 11-07-2011, 12:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 tib
Default Can I safely leave bottle in trunk all the time?

Can I leave it in the trunk all year long when its filled? or do I have to store it at home when not in use?
Old 11-07-2011, 02:19 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Its mostly up to the laws in your state. Most say you can't have it connected except on the way to or from the track... I'm always looking for the track, I've never found it

As far as pressure, just purge a bit so the bottle does not rupture. Also, you NEED a blowdown in a tiburon. I don't know what car you have, but most Hyundai sports cars share trunk airspace with the driver.
Old 11-07-2011, 08:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2004 Hyundai Accent

my only worry would be if there was a leak and the interior of the car filled. i don't think people breathe nitrous oxide so well. other than that, meh. nitrous oxide is not flammable on its own.

surprised they let you drive around with it hooked up 'if going to the track' (lol love that loophole). here you can't have it hooked up AT ALL unless you're on the track. you also need special insurance if you have it (well if the cops figure it out that is) which is expensive. all for temporary boost that you can't even hook up on the road...but nothing like that for a turbo or even a high boost turbo system. makes lots of sense, no?