Nitrous Oxide (NOS, Zex, NX Express, Venom, etc) This forum is for Nitrous Oxide discussions, and an area for folks to ask questions about Nitrous Oxide and related parts.

75+ Shot n20 in Beta...

Old 08-12-2002, 04:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not to get off topic, but -

Hey Red, did you ever get those pistons from Endyne? How's the engine project coming?

Red:
If you can keep it tuned well, the stock weak pistons will live a bit longer under nitrous versus turbocharging just because of the heat. Part of the power output in a nitrous system is the much colder temperature of the air coming in, so you have a lot less heat stress on the piston crowns, rings, ringlands and etc.

You can run a 100 shot on the 2.0L fairly safely, just tune it well. You can also run a 150 on it, but you're at the bleeding edge and you essentially have ZERO room for error there.

I'm jetting mine for 150, but I'm not running stock internals wink
Old 08-13-2002, 02:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anthony Thomas:
A friend of mine Scott has one on his 2.4L DOHC Neon coupe. On 100hp shot and some med size slicks, he ran 12.4@108 with the NX F.R.E.D or Maxiumizer controller. He has bearly srcatched the surface of what this controller can do.

It's the most advanced unit on the market. Check out High Power Nitrous systems in the UK's web site for spec. Trev is the guy that runs the company and is easy to get ahold of. To say the tech support for the unit is great is an understatement.

If your serious about nitrous, you want this controller or at least it's little brother. It's the only way you'll be able to use 100hp without hurting anything, while saving your clutch from over-abuse.

A Tibby with a good exhaust system, header with a single nozzle NX and with the little controller should break into the low 13's on a pair of drag radials and the stock clutch easy.

If your interested in NX products let me know.

Dopeskills:
Is the NX controller any good?
i was talking to my cuz, he's like your gonnna have to run 110octance with 100shot... i know 110is a little exaggerated, but i'm thinkin 93 octane with an mmt booster should be ok, am i right?

If i went the turbocharged route, i would being running 9-10psi boost, have to hire a ION guy to tune it, and i would still have to buy 93+booster octane gas... OF course, Air is free with turbo, it would save $ in the long run, lol... but i like the idea of a snow-breathing-hell-brining Shark rippin thru the competition...

I'll start ordering these parts around x-mas if i like it and get evreything together within 1.5 years or so...