Nitrous Oxide (NOS, Zex, NX Express, Venom, etc) This forum is for Nitrous Oxide discussions, and an area for folks to ask questions about Nitrous Oxide and related parts.

75+ Shot n20 in Beta...

Old 08-12-2002, 03:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 75+ Shot n20 in Beta...

k, my motor's stock, i'm looking for around 200-240hp... N20 machine basically. My question is, what else needs to be done to the engine, here's my list so far:

New Fuel pump (something bout Walbro?)
Bigger Injectors
Igntion Retard
A/f Meter good idea?
Better piston rings?

And what kit to go with? i'd love to buy from SR and get the ZEX kit, but this is my DD car also and so engine integrity is important too... thx for ANY contribution to this post -Jon
Old 08-12-2002, 03:58 AM
Red

If you want more than a 75 shot, a single fogger is not a good idea. Yes, you can do it, but I strongly advise against it for reliability reasons.

Parts you need:
NX part #80004EFI - Direct port kit, 4 cylinder
NOS part #15835BNOS - Progressive (time based) controller
Walboro 195lph in-tank fuel pump

If you want a bit more control, pick up an MSD DIS2 ignition with the optional timing module. NX says you don't have to pull timing, but I tend to disagree.

You can probably run a 100 shot without issues. According to the insane people in Puerto Rico, a 150 shot is ok on the stock internals, but that leaves very little room for error.
Old 08-12-2002, 04:42 AM

Agree with RED. For big power number, you need maximal control. Direct port kit, timing retard, big fuel pump... no narrow band O2 sensor.. spend the money on a couple of pulls on a wideband O2 sensor equipped dyno.

The progressive controller is nice but I don't think it is manditory.

Don't have enough experience with huge nitrous shots here in Korea to tell you how much is too much for the weak @ss pistons / rings. But it's >75 hp... I don't know how much more.
Old 08-12-2002, 04:45 AM

Is the NX controller any good?
Old 08-12-2002, 04:52 AM

ive done somewhere around an 80 shot... but with a progressive controller like red said you should be fine
Go with the NX direct port

SCCA elantra here on the board can help you with that... hes a retailed for NX
Old 08-12-2002, 05:25 AM
Red

The progressive controller I included only because that keeps you from instantly changing your power output from 85 -> 185 within 10 milliseconds. You woudln't need it for a 75 shot, and I guess you could probably not need it for a 100 shot... Just don't spray until around 3500 or so.

Nitrous application is instantaneous, so the shock to your driveline can be a 100% increase in the blink of an eye. Jarring application of power can result in much shorter lifespan for your powertrain. Especially the weak-assed stock differential...
Old 08-12-2002, 05:40 AM

Red:
The progressive controller I included only because that keeps you from instantly changing your power output from 85 -> 185 within 10 milliseconds. You woudln't need it for a 75 shot, and I guess you could probably not need it for a 100 shot... Just don't spray until around 3500 or so.

Nitrous application is instantaneous, so the shock to your driveline can be a 100% increase in the blink of an eye. Jarring application of power can result in much shorter lifespan for your powertrain. Especially the weak-assed stock differential...
lol 100shot... sounds good, i might do that...

I wasn't on planning on getting a purge kit to avoid the instaneous application of power bit, but I do wanna drive this car for awhile so that's probably i good idea to get the progressive controller...

Anyone else on the stock internals? That makes me really happy cuz i don't really wanna take my engine apart... I usually end up with extra parts (whoops)

What about Clutch?
Old 08-12-2002, 05:44 AM

stock clutch WILL slip
Old 08-12-2002, 07:25 AM
Red

If you can keep it tuned well, the stock weak pistons will live a bit longer under nitrous versus turbocharging just because of the heat. Part of the power output in a nitrous system is the much colder temperature of the air coming in, so you have a lot less heat stress on the piston crowns, rings, ringlands and etc.

You can run a 100 shot on the 2.0L fairly safely, just tune it well. You can also run a 150 on it, but you're at the bleeding edge and you essentially have ZERO room for error there.

I'm jetting mine for 150, but I'm not running stock internals wink
Old 08-12-2002, 04:15 PM

A friend of mine Scott has one on his 2.4L DOHC Neon coupe. On 100hp shot and some med size slicks, he ran 12.4@108 with the NX F.R.E.D or Maxiumizer controller. He has bearly srcatched the surface of what this controller can do.

It's the most advanced unit on the market. Check out High Power Nitrous systems in the UK's web site for spec. Trev is the guy that runs the company and is easy to get ahold of. To say the tech support for the unit is great is an understatement.

If your serious about nitrous, you want this controller or at least it's little brother. It's the only way you'll be able to use 100hp without hurting anything, while saving your clutch from over-abuse.

A Tibby with a good exhaust system, header with a single nozzle NX and with the little controller should break into the low 13's on a pair of drag radials and the stock clutch easy.

If your interested in NX products let me know.

Dopeskills:
Is the NX controller any good?