Hyundai Aftermarket

Hyundai Aftermarket (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/)
-   Nitrous Oxide (NOS, Zex, NX Express, Venom, etc) (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/nitrous-oxide-nos-zex-nx-express-venom-etc-27/)
-   -   50 shot? (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/nitrous-oxide-nos-zex-nx-express-venom-etc-27/50-shot-24082/)

97blacktib 03-01-2004 08:45 PM

was wondering if i should spray?
all i got is an intake, full catback and new clutch.
but i like the purge kit, so should i spray or leave it alone?
if i should spray what esle should i get before i get a kit?

sndprssr 03-05-2004 08:36 PM

whether or not you should spray is up to you, but you could do a 50 shot at this point if you wanted to. I have not delt with nitrous on these cars much but you should be safe at a 50 shot although to be safe you might want to use plugs a step colder. If you go any higher(i.e. 75 shot) get an Eclipse (please someone correct me if I'm wrong because I can't remember)GST fuel pump and 2 step colder plugs. Oh...and go with a wet kit, I think NX was the more popular one around the Hyundai community if you didn't already know. Just figured I would add my $0.02 in case anyone actually checked this.

javageek 03-05-2004 08:50 PM

Sounds like you hit all the points sndprssr, good job. smile.gif

REDZMAN 03-05-2004 09:07 PM

sndprssr, despite how much I like your sig pic, you gotta make it shorter. It's too tall.

Keep it to the size of 10 lines of text or smaller.

sndprssr 03-05-2004 10:06 PM

Ok, my bad...I think I got it fixed for now until I get off this MAC and get to my computer. I hate that Cardomain tag but I can deal with it for now.

JonGTR 03-10-2004 11:17 AM

Go with a NX kit using a 50 shot and 1 step colder NGK's. That should be all you need to get going. Don't worry about a 50 shot blowing your motor.
You also don't need the purge kit. It's a ricer addition until you start spraying a 100 shot.

cdogtibby1 03-10-2004 01:31 PM

soo... is a 50 shot a good mod for a car or is it something only for serious racers? i've thought about that as an addition but i was too scared of blowin something up

JonGTR 03-11-2004 06:19 AM

Unless you continuously screw up and run a 50 shot without somehow adding fuel along with it, you're not going to blow your motor.
A 50 shot is also not a throw you back in your seat power adder, but it is enough to drop your times by one full second. It's a cheap mod for the occasional racer, and an even better mod to get the 4cyl over 500whp.

cdogtibby1 03-11-2004 07:37 AM

soo... on that note, what nitrous system would everyone suggest.. i thought i saw something about nx earlier... but i heard zex has some good stuff too for the tiburon... any suggestions?

JonGTR 03-11-2004 09:32 AM

Personally I wouldn't trust a dry setup like Zex controlling the regulation of fuel. I like knowing that there is 1 fuel and 1 nitrous jet that is permanently set mixing the two together unitl I chose to change them.