Nitrous Oxide (NOS, Zex, NX Express, Venom, etc) This forum is for Nitrous Oxide discussions, and an area for folks to ask questions about Nitrous Oxide and related parts.

1/4 mile times with different shots

Old 04-11-2011, 01:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Tib
Default 1/4 mile times with different shots

I know its all subjective and it depends on your mods, weather conditions, track conditions, and how good of a driver you are but is there a general baseline for numbers to how well you do in the 1/4 mile with different shots? I did a search but couldnt find anything. 2001 tib with i/h/e and 1.8 cam, and Goodyear tires on 17's

55 shot = ? 1/4 mile time

65 shot = ?

75 shot = ?

100 shot = ?

My other question is...does a 65 shot give you the same amount of horsepower regardless if its a wet system or dry fogger system?
Old 04-11-2011, 07:17 PM

Vehicle: X3 Sprint, S-Coupe Turbo

a wet shot is never as good as dry shot - ESPECIALLY on a car with port fuel injection. this is because a wet shot sprays the required extra fuel in at or before the throttle body, and a dry shot will just inject the extra fuel required through your injectors you already have. wet shots tend to wreck motors because you get problems with uneven fuel distribution, so you can lean out a cylinder with your 02 sensor saying everything is stoich.
Old 04-11-2011, 07:33 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

^^That answer is fail.

Somewhat uneven fuel distribution (assuming you're not using a WET direct port system which is best but not very easy to pull off for us) is a lot better than a radically lean condition in all cylinders. Your factory fueling system can only compensate for so much, and for the most part if you're spraying any common jet it's going to be outside of what a Beta ECU can safely compensate for.
Old 04-11-2011, 07:48 PM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 14 EGT 2.0

who does the work of installing the nitrous direct port, but adds the fuel for a direct system from the throttle body? That sounds like a totally fail setup anyway. You already did the work of tapping the intake manifold.. why not feed fuel there ? aranoid:
Old 04-13-2011, 01:40 AM

Vehicle: X3 Sprint, S-Coupe Turbo

whoa, i just saw my rep thing get raped. dude, of course adding required fueling is assumed when one talks about a dry shot, sorry for not explicitly stating it D:

idk how much head room the beta injectors have, but i'd say you could get away with using a piggyback or even just a fuelling computer. just so we're all on the same page here, putting fuel through an efi manifold is generally a terrible idea, there isn't the provision made by the manufacturer for even mixing, flow and condensation prevention. wet shots are a throwback to the carburetted era.
Old 04-13-2011, 02:13 AM

Vehicle: 13 Gen Coupe Ult.

[media]http://www.facebook.com/#!/video/video.php?v=1030246669494[/media]

Video is a Dry Zez 75 shot, no other fuel or tuning upgrades... this is several years back!!!

Just to shut people up, I ran a Dry Zet kit for a , then sold it for a wet shot, only reason is i got the wet shot for a straight trade, so then sold the Dry, then i took advantage of the wet shot, started running a 100 shot.

With the dry shot, ran all the way to the 75 shot supplied, ran fine, never knocked ping, never had any det, I was also running Zex plugs.
Old 04-13-2011, 11:27 AM
Super Moderator

I assume you had the zex box thing that plugs up the return line to add fuel pressure? or are you saying you sprayed 75 shot on TOTALLY stock fuel amounts? aranoid:

If so, not all hyundais can use that box because some run a returnless system.
Old 04-13-2011, 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by WytchDctr
I assume you had the zex box thing that plugs up the return line to add fuel pressure? or are you saying you sprayed 75 shot on TOTALLY stock fuel amounts? aranoid:

If so, not all hyundais can use that box because some run a returnless system.

Negative Ghostrider^^^

I have a 99 Tiburon with the Beta 1, it has a fuel return system for fueling, the 82011 Zex kit, has a brain box, you tie in to TPS sensor for WOT and then you have to tie it into the Vaccum line, and the fuel pressure regulator, they both are vaccum reading sent to the box.

It adds fuel by slightly removing pressure from the regulator increasing pressure to the injectors.

If you do run into the issue with a returnless system, why not just get a 190LB GSX or GST fuel pump?
Old 04-13-2011, 09:48 PM
Super Moderator

Ok so you made my point I am about to get too, but had a better explanation behind how the box works. Please point out you had something to easily increase fuel, not all (aka 02+ for the most part and some earlier) hyundais cant use that type of kit with your setup. Someone may have read your post on a search, went.. OMG A VIDEO PROOFIN I CAN DOO DIZZ and melt the top of a piston or something by spraying a 75 shot worth of nitrous with no extra fuel. (returnless) That or buy a kit then learn it doesn't work. Just trying to help the newer types out. :biggrin:

Also,

None of the five hyundais I have owned could run that setup
Old 04-13-2011, 10:50 PM

No Harm, No Foul!!!