Hyundai Aftermarket

Hyundai Aftermarket (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/)
-   KJB Motorsports (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/kjb-motorsports-94/)
-   -   Would You Like Custom Sway-bars (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/kjb-motorsports-94/would-you-like-custom-sway-bars-43420/)

'treezy 09-13-2007 01:12 AM

ew, that pic looks horrible. I would like to see what you can come up with Kevin. I have been wanting BEEFY (like C battery thickness...) f and r anti-sway bar for a while now.

How R&D thus far?
Will they be coated?
adjustable? if not, that's cool I'll take super beefy and less driveability over adjustability. I just don't want a cracked rear sub frame...
w/ or without bushings (urethane)?

01steve 09-13-2007 03:42 PM

it's a tube? how strong is that? how thick is the sidewall?

i'm all for light weight, but i'm curious as to how well these bars will work and the long term effects on the bars themselves. i'm not neccassarily doubting you, but if you can stand by this product years from now (w/ it still being a noticeable imporvement over stock) then-... hats off to you!

let us know how it's going! thanks!

'treezy 09-13-2007 11:01 PM

It's a known fact that tubular anti-sway bars and more beneficial due to their light weight compared to the loss in stiffness/strength when compared to a solid bar (like 5% stiffness loss, 100% weight increase).

01steve 09-14-2007 05:00 PM

just read up on tubular sway bars-...

GIMME GIMME! yeah as broke as i am right now i could fork out $ for this!

keep us informed!

KevinBrz 09-16-2007 07:40 AM

Hey guys,

We are running into a few hiccups that have delayed the release of this. Waiting for parts to come in and fixing some fitment issues has all contributed. As of now the planned setup of this bar is a full powdercoated non-adjustable sway bar that is 22mm in size but will perform like a 24mm bar. The powdercoat will either be red or gunmetal (leaning toward red). They will come with poly bushings and zinc coated brackets from Energy Suspension.

Hopefully, if everything goes as planned, they will be available for purchase in two weeks. I will give you guys an update in a week on how things are going.

Thanks,

Kevin
KJB Motorsports

REDZMAN 09-16-2007 09:30 AM

Gunmetal or black would be WAY better, with the amount of the folks here that do so much work on their cars, throwing RED into the mix would for sure get plenty NOT to buy.

Hell, I wouldn't.

Gunmetal will match anything.

SOCKS_old 09-16-2007 09:32 AM

lol, come on, you can barely even see a sway bar, a strut bar would be a different thing though.. plus red will pretty much stick out on any car so itll be like (hey, im an upgraded sway bar) lol.

REDZMAN 09-16-2007 09:44 AM

One piece of red on a car that has no red on it whtsoever, no thanks. I go to too many car shows for that.

Color Matching or Complimenting parts > Mismatched Parts, any day of the week.

Parts Listing for car show display? PRICELESS.

KevinBrz 09-16-2007 04:13 PM

Hey,

You made a good point there, I never thought of that. I guess we'll be going with the gunmetal after all, lol.

Thanks,

Kevin
KJB Motorsports

LNHeart 09-16-2007 04:26 PM

IMHO, i would also go with Gunmetal. As Redzman said Gunmetal would go with any other color and nobody really need to know if you upgraded anything really and i bet nobody (only the interested) would be looking over and under your car to see if you upgraded anything.

So yeah, i would go for gunmetal also. Hope to see these comming out really soon.