KFX Performance
Sponsor:    KFX Performance
R&D for your Hyundai, new parts development, Colt Cams, tuning Korean Cars for almost 10 years.
http://www.kfxperformance.com/

Ecu Piggy Back, Programming, Etc

Old 12-19-2007, 02:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1999 Kia Sephia

Hi there folks,

We have reached our final challenge of tuning all of the Korean based Mobis cars, (really just kia and Hyundai)

Our next step is to be able to tune the ecu. While I would love to be able to offer a software piece that could tune the ecu through our OBDII port, I simply have not found anyone will to part with the information.

So... I am asking for imput on what you have used ie smt-6 or mafterburner or what else have you tried with any degree of success.

I understand that there are a bunch of threads out there allready and have read through most of them. Initially I am looking for simple N/A tuning and what results you have seen. This needs to be honest before and after examples of what exactly works and what does not. I am looking for dyno results, if someone has done all of the work and getting the results they are looking for, but has not dyno tested, please talk with me about it and I may be able to help you with a dyno test.

If anyone has done anything with wiring of these units, some diagrams or ideas would be great as well.

Our business so far has been run pretty much as a hobby, you know, pour a bunch of cash into and little or no return, (kinda like breeding emu's or something like that).

I am not asking or expecting to make cash on this part of the tune. This is just the cap on a bunch of parts we have developed for all of our cars. It is something to get the final result we have all been looking for... So, let me know what you have done!!!

Bill
Old 12-19-2007, 06:42 PM
Banned

well... ya.. i have no experience with any of them that you listed BUT...

i would pm denist99 about the smt6.. i believe (don't quote me) he tuned smt6 on his accent when it was n/a. and hes like the smt6 god. he makes all the adapters to get the ECU happy when the car is turbocharged.

my setup is the following: i probably went WAY overboard and in the end cost me about as much as a standalone, but i love my setup anyway. lmao.gif i have the emanage blue, MAP sensor/harness, injector harness, ignition harness (not working) dual fuel rails, e-01 programmer. the best thing about the setup i have IMO is the e-01. i can tune the car from inside at any time. i can also monitor any of the sensors i want, wire in my wideband, etc. the e-01 has some really neat features that i haven't even gotten into yet. i believe my entire management setup, including the in car programmer cost about 1000$. but not having to hook up a laptop, deal with connection issues, is worth it. its really nice to be able to log/monitor/tune anytime i want. i also have an SD card that i can log up to 3 hours of drive time on and bring it up on laptop for easier review.

anyway, the emanage is relatively easy to hook up. i had a plug 'n' play harness made for mine, just in case i needed to take it out. i also am running dual fuel rails and don't know if it would work without the dual fuel rails (ECU issue) but everything i need it for to push like 12psi is perfect. i can deliver as much fuel as i want through my second rail/MAP sensor set up without the ECU doing anything about it.

as much as i love the emanage and think its better than the smt6 (much easier to understand, change stuff, tons of options, etc) it just hasn't seen enough support by the rd community to get adapters made like denists turbo boxes and stuff.

many more people use the smt6 on here just because thats what is supported and what everyone uses.

if you were to wanna put out a system that is setup to work with our cars that is a piggyback, i would go with the smt6 just because it seems to have most of our communities support, and they seem to work well.

if you need help digging, or researching certain things about other fuel management let me know, i would be more than happy to help find something cheaper/easier to tune/more capable piggyback management.
Old 12-19-2007, 07:30 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Hey man. PM me with what you are still trying to figure out about the obd tune if its even possible. I may be able to try my resources and see if I can get it for us.
Old 12-19-2007, 10:19 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

^^^
We are stuck at the same point I talked to you about last time.
Old 12-23-2007, 02:01 AM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Vehicle: x3 accent gk tiburon santa fe

piggy back wise,
if you only want to do the fuel on a NA car go safc,cheap and easy to set up and understand
if you want to go with extra injectors smt-6,e-manage, or split second EIC
(i prefer to work with the smt-6 and i have very good results with it,e-manage should be similar,split second needs more device to make some simple function (maf clamp...)

if you want to do extra injector and ignition timing smt-6 and e-manage can work, i have a few car with the smt-6 running, with a few basic trick to do
for the e-manage to date, you need to crack open your ecu and hack some component to wire it up,it works but some members have reported much more heat coming from the stock computer

straight ecu tuning,
so far i've got the rev limiter figured out, but it poses other problems, reason why i'm not selling them in the wild
Redz, Eric... want to share the info? might be able to help you if i can