Introduction Welcome To Hyundai Aftermarket! We are the worlds #1 most active and Premier Hyundai Forum and Website for Tiburon, Genesis, Veloster, Accent, Elantra, Santa Fe, Tucson, Equus, and Sonata owners! Post in here under the thread that was automatically created for you, and tell us a little about yourself!

Whats Up Whats Up?

Old 01-05-2007, 11:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey, just found this place somewhat recently. Bought an '01 Tiburon almost a year ago in prime condition, only 10k miles on it, and I'm finally done paying off the damn bank, so now the fun can start, right? Actually, it would've started a while ago, but I was having difficulties finding people who knew what they were talking about and who actually cared about the pre-v6 tibs. It's sad, too, because I think the v6 is an overweight clunker, but then again, who am I to judge. Anyway, I have a whole slew of completely off-the-wall, yet oh so wonderful ideas, and now I'm here, you fantastic people will have the pleasure of telling me what an idiot I am for even considering them. As far as current mods to my car, well, they're a little sparse. Alpine cd/mp3 player, alpine serious sat-radio adapter in the glove-box, a little fancy LED work in the dash where the useless little cd-tray/junk holder/whatevr that thing was used to be, and my current pride and joy, a home-made key-less start system comprised of a well-hidden kill switch and starter button. My only problems at the moment are money and indecision. I can't chose whether I want this car to be a mean little track toy or an immaculate show/sound car. Decisions, decision, ya know? I refuse to compromise, though. It's gotta be one or the other, or it won't do either well. Anyway, thats it folks, hope to be able to post everywhere else soon.

-Alex
Old 01-05-2007, 11:55 PM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

welcome, and many share your thoughts of the delta (v6)

Sounds like your leaning toward the show side.

good luck!
Old 01-06-2007, 01:13 AM

Nah, not so much. I just haven't had the time or money to really turn it lose, so in the meantime, I'm making it into a comfortable daily driver. And the starter....well, I was bored and had the parts laying around. It's hard to have ADD, a couple of LED's and relays, and styrene panels lying around and not go out and tinker with them =)
Old 01-06-2007, 01:22 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

Welcome my friend. Well, alot of people like to see something under the hood at shows. Grab yourself an AEM intake and some wires as a start and maybe even headers so it looks nice then do some custom painting. My 2 cents are make the car a really fun daily driver that you can bring to shows during the summer. Do some performance that will help with shows, since you seem to be leaning more towards showing it, and this way you can see both worlds.

P.S. if you want some more ideas go scroll through all the tibs on cardomain.com, or go to the car of the year thread on this site. Theres alot of phat whips on this site.
Old 01-06-2007, 03:58 AM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Vehicle: 01 Tiburon

welcome to the site alex...

do a half show and a half go route on your car... i like a car that looks nice and can back it up
Old 01-06-2007, 01:13 PM

you know, back in my younger days, the half and half route would have been all go without question, but I just find it doesn't work for me anymore. If it's going to be a track car, it's going to be stripped to bare steel and everything not connected to it going fast will be scrapped or sold. With an auto, making it fast is going to require a lot of time and money, and I'd rather not get too bogged down trying to split my resources between the two. As far as showing it goes, yeah, there'll be a couple choice parts under the hood, mostly for dress purposes, but the interior will be completely scrapped and rebuilt with custom fiberglass everything. Either way, I plan to stay away from most brand names and custom fab everything, because I have a couple of connections that'll help me do it for pretty cheap and any fiberglass/electrical/AV work I can do myself. I am leaning towards the sound/show route, thought, but it's going to be tough. I'm rediculously picky about A/V components and it's going to cost me several thou just to get the parts, never mind the labor hours I'm looking to put in. Man I wish I was rich.
Old 01-06-2007, 01:27 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Ew, auto.

Be forewarned, if you do go the performance route (I'd say 70% of us here are performance, 30% more show), you'll hear the never-ending chorus of:

Auto to manual swap.

We here hate that automatic tranny. lmao.gif
Old 01-06-2007, 01:31 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

Welcome to the site!! Really sounds like you're excited about working on your tib, hope we can be of help! And nice find with 10k miles! fing02.gif
If you go the "go" route rather than show, I don't really think you would want a track car... Imo the best cars are the ones that look really nice, and have power to back it up. It doesn't have to be a stripped down track car to be fast. Sounds like you need a good turbo setup ~250hp, and a lot of work on the show stuff. Things like that win COTY/M here. Show doesn't prevent go and vice versa, unless you do end up strictly track. Also, if you do go the show route, that doesn't mean you can have a bunch of N/A mods or even a turbo.
GL with whatever you choose, we'll support ya!