Introduction Welcome To Hyundai Aftermarket! We are the worlds #1 most active and Premier Hyundai Forum and Website for Tiburon, Genesis, Veloster, Accent, Elantra, Santa Fe, Tucson, Equus, and Sonata owners! Post in here under the thread that was automatically created for you, and tell us a little about yourself!

What's up Everyone?

Old 06-06-2004, 03:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just wanted to start by saying hi to everyone. I have been reading this forum for a couple of weeks now and just signed up. So far, this is the best forum that I have been to.

I have a 2001 Tiburon that I purchased in April and have too many ideas for to begin listing!! So far, I have installed a Sony CD player and removed the resinator from my intake (Thanks Redz). The sound is better but I have noticed no gain in hp. Just have to wait for the CIA.

Now for my first question:

I have heard a lot of people talking about molding a 7" LCD screen into their dash. I found a 7" LCD display with a single DIN DVD player at a killer price, so my wheels are turning. I know that I will need to do a custom job, but in the space where the cubby hole, radio, and ash tray are now, I want to mount a single DIN CD player, a single DIN DVD player, and a 7" LCD Screen. The Screen and the DVD player are not attached. Do you guys have any ideas on this and/or do you know any where I can purchase an extra trim piece to go around these so that I am not that affraid to screw up?

Looking forward to learning a lot here as well as helping others.
Old 06-06-2004, 03:16 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul
Default What's up Everyone?

Welcome to the site man, I used to date a whore that was from Peroria for awhile.

Nice area.

LOL

What are you waiting on the CIA for? LOL

With the resonator you'll notice that you have much better throttle response, not really HP.

As for your questions my mang, your plan sounds pretty solid, except for one thing.

Why get a seperate DVD and CD player? DVD players will play CD's.

Someone was selling a damaged trim not to long ago, perfect for you to work with.
Old 06-06-2004, 03:26 PM

Now that you mention it, I do realize that I get better throttle response. The better sound was worth it to me!!

The reason that I want a seperate CD/DVD player is that I just purchased a Sony CDX-M800 and I am loving it. The DVD player that I am looking at is low end and I would not be able to listen to the radio with just the DVD player.

Thanks, and I will look for the damaged trim.
Old 06-06-2004, 04:14 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Trust me mang, you do NOT want a low end DVD player in your car. Skip all the time. And the ladies will laugh at you.

Sell your Sony and hookup with a good all in one unit bro, there is a guy in the For Sale section selling All in ones for under a grand.
Old 06-10-2004, 01:35 PM

Hey Man WELCOME!! That's a pretty cool deck.. I just got the CDXM8805X awsome deck but you have to use the changer alot... :S... I should have figured that out... See you around!!!
Old 06-14-2004, 09:14 PM

you almost jacked my name...but i'm gonna assume your actually gonna rice out your car though?

oh and hi smile.gif