Introduction Welcome To Hyundai Aftermarket! We are the worlds #1 most active and Premier Hyundai Forum and Website for Tiburon, Genesis, Veloster, Accent, Elantra, Santa Fe, Tucson, Equus, and Sonata owners! Post in here under the thread that was automatically created for you, and tell us a little about yourself!

What's under the rear seats?

Old 01-20-2005, 09:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What's under the rear seats?

This seems like a really dumb question, but could someone tell me what's to be found directly beneath the rear seats? On left and right there's a good 8" between seat bottom and floor, I'm guessing there's a bunch of stuff under there, but I'm looking to find some available space for something, wondering if there's any room under there for anything... I don't have a car lift at my disposal, so getting under there to take a peak is a bit of a hassle.
Old 01-20-2005, 09:04 PM

I wouldn't put much under there, gas tank is there.

What did you want to put there?
Old 01-20-2005, 09:22 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Thats where you gain access to the fuel pump, so thats where the gas tank is. Don't know what you wanna put there though?
Old 01-20-2005, 09:22 PM

I hope I'm not labelled a geek by answering this, but... a laptop. Something semi-permanently installed. Access to it for the most part would be remote, connected via WiFi. Might need to remove on occasion if it doesn't boot or something.
Old 01-20-2005, 09:23 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

yeah I've been told the easiest way to replace fuel pump is under the rear seats. Can anyone verify?
Old 01-20-2005, 09:27 PM

Yes, the fuel tank and pump are directly underneath the rear seat, so there is no room for a laptop or anything else. However, you could remove the rear seat if you wanted to and build a storage compartment there.
Old 01-20-2005, 09:28 PM

Do you use the rear seats? Or only one of them? What you could do is remove the rear seats (Top part) and then the bottom part is filled with foam, which is the cushion of the seat. Rip out a labtop sized hole and run it in there. I wouldn't sit on your laptop though.
Old 01-20-2005, 09:28 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (majiktib)</div><div class='quotemain'>yeah I've been told the easiest way to replace fuel pump is under the rear seats. Can anyone verify?</div>

Yes, I took my back seats out and the fuel pump is right there. There is a rubber picec covering it, but that is where it is at.

As far as mounting something UNDER the seat, I don't think you would be able to do it because the foam sits flush up against the botom of the car. If you take the seats out, you should be able to mount a laptop, but be carefull, your gas tank is directly under there.
Old 01-20-2005, 09:30 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (EnigmaticSoul)</div><div class='quotemain'>I hope I'm not labelled a geek by answering this, but... a laptop. Something semi-permanently installed. Access to it for the most part would be remote, connected via WiFi. Might need to remove on occasion if it doesn't boot or something.</div>

3 words,...
SPARE TIRE WELL wink1.gif
Mount a bracket / mount for the for the laptop ON the spare tire cover and if you're a real geek, wink1.gif make use of some piano (or piano like) hinges so you can swivel the cover up and get access to your laptop smile.gif
Old 01-20-2005, 09:47 PM

Depending on the size of the laptop you are planning on putting in, you could try either under the driver/passenger seat too. I have read that some people fit a ps2 under there with no problems.