Introduction Welcome To Hyundai Aftermarket! We are the worlds #1 most active and Premier Hyundai Forum and Website for Tiburon, Genesis, Veloster, Accent, Elantra, Santa Fe, Tucson, Equus, and Sonata owners! Post in here under the thread that was automatically created for you, and tell us a little about yourself!

Welcome To Hyundai Aftermarket.org: zero_gravity

Old 07-28-2011, 11:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Hyundai
Default Welcome To Hyundai Aftermarket.org: zero_gravity

Hello zero_gravity,

Welcome to Hyundai Aftermarket.org. Please feel free to browse around and get to know others. Feel free to tell us a little about yourself. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask.

zero_gravity joined on the 28 July 2011 - 12:01 PM.

View zero_gravity's Profile
Old 07-28-2011, 11:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2004 Hyundai Accent

Hello everyone!

on the hunt for a good hyundai forum, hoping this is it. tried hyundaiforum.com while ago, man that admin is insane. hyundaiperformance was ok if not for the constant trolling. pas1216 from that site suggested this one, not sure if he's around here

most of what i do for now is just about any repair to my accent. although i have a fair bit of knowledge about it, i have yet to get into much performance stuff. saving that for a car with a bigger engine turns out i got one hell of a lemon, so i'm always up to something with it. to give you a bit of an idea, its a 2004 GSI manual 1.6L. currently a little over 170,000km. i bought it with 80,000kms on it nearly 3 years ago and so far i've replaced the clutch bearing, later replaced the entire clutch assembly, replaced the transmission (synthetic amsoil trashed it!), engine mounts, and although i can't blame it for these i've also had a broken exhaust, bad o2 sensor, timing belt/water pump, and i still have an evap problem to hunt down...i've been busy lol. oh and i bounced it off a curb at 60km/h over a year ago and totally screwed the front driver's side suspension....fun times! frame was ok though

background is mechanical design, in the nuclear industry now. helps me reason out a few things with cars, its more fun to me than anything. loads of knowledge as far as the design/inner workings. i was workin on a DIY clutch guide over at the other site but willing to bring that over here also tearing down that old transmission slowly - replaced it with a junkyard special and kept the original!

maybe someone can give me a hand with the EVAP at some point:p just as long as this site doesn't have psycho admins and endless trolls i'll be happy here oh and a few people who have some brains and are willing to take part in discussion even if they aren't sure would be nice. helps hash out some ideas sometimes.