Introduction Welcome To Hyundai Aftermarket! We are the worlds #1 most active and Premier Hyundai Forum and Website for Tiburon, Genesis, Veloster, Accent, Elantra, Santa Fe, Tucson, Equus, and Sonata owners! Post in here under the thread that was automatically created for you, and tell us a little about yourself!

Welcome To Hyundai Aftermarket.org: kassaly

Old 06-23-2010, 07:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Hyundai
Default Welcome To Hyundai Aftermarket.org: kassaly

Hello kassaly,

Welcome to Hyundai Aftermarket.org. Let us know a little about yourself and your car. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask.

kassaly joined on the Jun 23 2010, 08:17 PM.

View kassaly's Profile
Old 06-23-2010, 08:09 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe

Hi, my name is Kevin, I own a Hyundai dealership in Hawkesbury, Ontario. I am working on a project to build a roadster and of course want to use a Hyundai powertrain. I am not a mechanic and don't know a lot about it. The vehicle will be a rear wheel drive with the engine in the rear. I need to use a transverse transmission. I wonder if I could use a Genesis coupe engine and fit it with a tranverse transmission? I am also looking for information on how to get the horsepower up. Currently this engine is 210 hp, I would like to bring it close to 300h.p.. I know the V6 is 306 H.P. but it is too big to fit. should I be using a tiburon 2.0L instead? Would I be able to bring this engine close to 300 H.P. Can anyone help?
Old 06-24-2010, 01:34 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

Hi Kevin. Welcome to the site.

The Genesis Coupe 2.0t will probably either bolt directly to or could be easily modified to bolt to either the 5 speed from a 2.4l Sonata 2004+ or the 6 speed in the Kia Forte. They're all using Theta engines, but I've never heard of anyone actually verifying that it works.

As the owner of a dealership I'm sure you're familiar with the 274hp 2.0t with direct injection coming out in a few months in the Sonata. If price is of no concern it would be a good option. Getting the complicated engine (dual CVVT and direct injected) to run in a custom application will be difficult.

If you're more budget minded and want to avoid the hassle of dealing with the CVVT and DI the Beta 2.0 with a turbo is a good option. 300hp is well within reason. You can run the engine on the inexpensive Megasquirt standalone EMS.
Old 06-24-2010, 06:13 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

welcome.gif to the site! Good luck with your build!
Old 06-24-2010, 07:14 PM

Vehicle: 2004 hyundai tiburon

smile.gif welcome.gif smile.gif