Introduction Welcome To Hyundai Aftermarket! We are the worlds #1 most active and Premier Hyundai Forum and Website for Tiburon, Genesis, Veloster, Accent, Elantra, Santa Fe, Tucson, Equus, and Sonata owners! Post in here under the thread that was automatically created for you, and tell us a little about yourself!

Welcome To Hyundai Aftermarket.org: Ben_97accent_S

Old 03-26-2010, 12:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Hyundai
Default Welcome To Hyundai Aftermarket.org: Ben_97accent_S

Hello Ben_97accent_S,

Welcome to Hyundai Aftermarket.org. Let us know a little about yourself and your car. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Ben_97accent_S joined on the Mar 26 2010, 01:31 PM.

View Ben_97accent_S's Profile
Old 03-26-2010, 12:56 PM

Vehicle: 1997 hyundai accent

Hello my name is ben and I just picked up a 1997 hyundai accent. I was browsing through a junkyard the other day and spotted my accent. Once I seen it and noticed how near mint the body was I couldn't help but to ask about it. After asking about it the guy told me that it snapped 2 valves. I was little bummed but seeing that I have about 5 years worth of mechanic experience I knew it wouldnt be a hard job to accomplish. After a few minutes of asking about the car I popped the question " is there a clear title" and sure enough he had the title on hand and it was clear.

At the time I didnt have any money to buy the car because I am unemployed right now but he looked over and seen my 88 shortbed chevy and asked if I would be intersted in trading. I started to hesitate about it seeing that the accent didnt run and my truck did. After thinking about trading my 4x4 for this little car I desided that the accent needed a good home so I agreed to the trade. Well after looking everything over I had it towed home and I began cleaning it up.

So far from what I can tell the pistons aren't damaged at all so that is a major plus. Seeing that the head was already taken off I was able to examine it aswell and seen the 2 broke exhaust valves. I started going through the car hunting and finding all my engine parts and some interior parts. As of right now the car is red in color. It has slight cracks in the paint but it is rust free. Living in WV that is kinda a rare thing, anyways thats all for the body. The interior is pretty nice besides a few stains, cracked dash, and a broken window handle.

I just so happen to have a set of 15" MOMO racing wheels from the late 90's that I am gonna throw on it. That should set it off quite a bit, but I love the little car already even though I havent heard it run but right now is the perfect oppertunity to have the head re-worked with new valves, seals, and maybe a 5 angle.

Well thanks for the introduction and I will be posting pics as it gets rebuilt. I want to boost it later down the road but for now I need to get it running. Thanks guys - ben
Old 03-26-2010, 01:42 PM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

welcome.gif to the site and good luck with your build. TONS of Accent owners here, so feel free to ask any questions. smile.gif
Old 03-26-2010, 01:46 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Visionz @ Mar 26 2010, 03:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>welcome.gif to the site and good luck with your build. TONS of Accent owners here, so feel free to ask any questions. smile.gif</div>

Thanks for the warm welcome.
Old 03-26-2010, 05:50 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Subaru Legacy 2.5l Limited

welcome.gif Ben!! Yes pics please! smile.gif
Old 03-26-2010, 09:05 PM

Vehicle: 05 Hyundai Tiburon SE

WELCOME!!! Please make yourself at! We have lots of knowledgeable members so don't be afraid to ask any questions!
Old 03-28-2010, 10:02 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

welcome.gif

As long as the wheels have a 35-45mm offset, a 4x114.3 bolt pattern, and a large enough bore they should fit fine. You can run wheels from 13" to 17".

[EDIT] Changed bolt pattern to the RIGHT number.
Old 03-29-2010, 08:23 PM

Vehicle: 2004 hyundai tiburon

cool.gif welcome.gif cool.gif
Old 03-30-2010, 09:06 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (187sks @ Mar 29 2010, 12:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>welcome.gif

As long as the wheels have a 35-45mm offset, a 4x100 bolt pattern, and a large enough bore they should fit fine. You can run wheels from 13" to 17".</div>

Ya I got really excited so I went out to check the fitment and it was a no go. My accents bolt pattern is to wide. I am not sure what the rims are. My brother said that they were 4x100 but they didnt fit. I used to use them on my old geo storm and a ford aspire but I guess they wont work on my accent. This really blows And they looked really good.
Old 03-30-2010, 10:35 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

Ah, crap you have a 4x114.3 bolt pattern. I don't know where my head was when I posted that before. Sorry.