Introduction Welcome To Hyundai Aftermarket! We are the worlds #1 most active and Premier Hyundai Forum and Website for Tiburon, Genesis, Veloster, Accent, Elantra, Santa Fe, Tucson, Equus, and Sonata owners! Post in here under the thread that was automatically created for you, and tell us a little about yourself!

Welcome To Hyundai Aftermarket.org: Andrewf802

Old 04-23-2011, 12:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Hyundai
Default Welcome To Hyundai Aftermarket.org: Andrewf802

Hello Andrewf802,

Welcome to Hyundai Aftermarket.org. Please feel free to browse around and get to know others. Feel free to tell us a little about yourself. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Andrewf802 joined on the 23 April 2011 - 01:53 PM.

View Andrewf802's Profile
Old 04-23-2011, 01:23 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Elantra GLS

I'm a new Elantra GLS owner actually just picked it up last night. I'd like to put fog lights in and HID lights. Would that require a new harness?

Or can they take HID bulb's?

The one problem that I had at the dealer was getting my cell phone a Droid X to work with Bluetooth. It paired up but when I said Call the nice lady asked me name or number. I gave her a name and she didn't understand me. I am from NY but not much of an accent.

I called the sales person this morning and he said someone that works there has the same phone and he had no problem making a call.

This is my first Korean car having owned several English and German wallet busters. Looking forward to receiving and if I can giving

useful information.

Thanks
Old 04-23-2011, 04:59 PM

Vehicle: 1991 Impulse RS

welcome!

Not to sure about the phone situation, but for HID's you'll want to find a kit. I'm looking into getting them for my Accent, I'm looking at a kit called Halo (you can search it on the web or e-bay). I'm looking at the 8000K kit. As for fog lights, not sure if Hyundai installs the wiring if there is no fog lights from the factory (I THINK there is) but your best bet would be to go to a junk yard and find a good set off a wrecked/junked Elantra. You best bet to find out if the wiring is installed is to ask the other guys in the Elantra forum. Good Luck!

pas
Old 04-23-2011, 08:48 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Subaru Legacy 2.5l Limited

First off Welcome to the forum. i have an 08 elantra and I have 8000k HIDs. I didnt need to change the harness and everything is fine. junk yards arent going to have very many wrecked 2011 elantras. heck i have a 08 and i am finally finding some in junkyards. since you have GLS im not sure about the fog light wiring. So im not sure if it is a plug and play.
Old 04-25-2011, 10:13 AM

Vehicle: 2011 Elantra GLS

Thank you Gentlemen I appreciate the information. I'll do my due diligence and find out what to do for the fogs.

I've seen the HID kits on some of the web sites here but never having put one in I'll ask a friend to help.

Ever have local gatherings of like minded Hyundai enthusiasts? I'm about an hour and a half north of manhattan

if anyone would like to form something. I've always been a car club member and wouldn't want to stop now.

Take care

A.
Old 04-25-2011, 10:32 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

I'm in upstate NY (Rochester). Hoping to have some Hyundai meets this summer, so if you're willing to make the drive up...you're more than welcome to join us.

to the forum too! You'll find a TON of great info here.
Old 04-25-2011, 10:37 AM

Vehicle: 1991 Impulse RS

I'm located in Ottawa, and I am only about 2 hours from upstate NY. If the meet is on a Sat I may consider making a day trip out of it..... keep me posted