Introduction Welcome To Hyundai Aftermarket! We are the worlds #1 most active and Premier Hyundai Forum and Website for Tiburon, Genesis, Veloster, Accent, Elantra, Santa Fe, Tucson, Equus, and Sonata owners! Post in here under the thread that was automatically created for you, and tell us a little about yourself!

Welcome To The Forums: LongtimeDSMer

Old 01-18-2010, 04:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would like to welcome a new member to our community!

Member Name: LongtimeDSMer
Registered on: Jan 18 2010, 07:08 AM
Profile: http://www.rdtiburon.com/index.php?showuser=10069

LongtimeDSMer,
Welcome To RDTiburon.com. Please feel free to look around and post get to know others! Remember, you will not be able to post anywhere in the forums until you reply to this topic.

Please be sure to read the site rules completely. Here are a couple more items specifically for new users.
1. You will not be able to post anywhere in the forum until you complete your introduction, you can do that by replying to this post.
2. We do ask that you fill out your profile completely, to include your location, and year model of your Tiburon if you have one.

Here is a SAMPLE STANDARD FORMAT INTRODUCTION POST.

Hi, my name is ____.

I'm from ______.

I drive a ______ _____.

I found these forums through _____ _____ __ __ _ _____ _ ______ _________________________ _ ___.

I've done the following mods to my car.

__
____
_
_____

It's good to meet you all and I hope to learn from you!
Old 01-18-2010, 04:39 AM

Hello, my name's Paul and I'm from your frozen neighbour to the north: Canada.

Don't actually have a Tibby yet, though I'm definitely considering one for a project.

As my username implies, I've been a longtime owner of various DSMs (for those that are unaware, DSMs were turbocharged Mitsubishi Eclipse and Eagle Talon from 90-99).

The various Tiburon designations are a little confusing to me. I've heard of RC, RD, RD2, etc which presumably refers to generations (or sub-gens). I guess I've got some reading to do, eh?

Anyway, it's really the most recent? (or at least one of the most recent) style Tibby's I prefer. Fairly certain that's NOT an RD, correct? Well, hopefully you guys won't be too hard on me for preferring a non-RD.

Anyway, that's it for now, off to the FAQ section, etc to educate myself.
Old 01-18-2010, 06:57 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

Welcome to the site. It's good to see you bring some forum etiquette with you. We're happy to answer any and all questions you may have, though we're partial to the RD models. Even if you end up buying a GK, we'll still let you come around here.
How'd you find us?

RC = Hyundai reference to 1996-2001 model

RD1 = 1996 - 1999 model years; most obvious difference is headlights/taillights. Either 1.8L or 2.0L
RD2 = 2000 - 2001 model years; circle headlights, different tails. 2.0L
GK = 2003+ model years

We're the best Tiburon forum there is, but if you feel the need for something bigger and more specific to the GK, there's also NewTiburon.com which is mostly dedicated to that. When you decide you don't like it over there, we'll always take you back.
Old 01-18-2010, 11:40 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

GK FL1 = 2005-2007
GL FL2 = 2008-2009

Or right around there.

In Korea, the RD was the elantra, and the RD Coupe was the Tiburon. When they brought the cars here, they wanted to differentiate the models because of, from what I've been told, the inability for American dealerships to understand they were two different cars". Or something like that.

Any way it goes, the parts are all labeled RD on the car, almost everywhere.
Old 01-18-2010, 04:20 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Volkswagen Jetta GLI

welcome...
Old 01-18-2010, 09:40 PM

Okay I get it (the thing with the gen designations). That's not too complicated is it! (kidding)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>How'd you find us?</div>
That's a bit of a story. It involves LSD units from a now-defunct place called "Speed Freak Racing" up here in Canada. I'll get into that eventually. It kinda gives me a headache just to think about it.

Anyway, thanks for all the help.

I can't seem to reply to this post (maybe because it's mine?) or did I do something goofy? I'll try again.
Old 01-18-2010, 10:09 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Welcome. Yea you can't double post it automatically merges you're posts, unless they are like a day old or something like that. Anyways, again welcome! What are you currently driving?
Old 01-19-2010, 06:13 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>What are you currently driving?</div>I've got a few vehicles. Noteworthy ones are 1st Gen and 2nd Gen Talons. Both are mostly stock. I've sold, crashed, blew up a few in my day. Kinda burnt out on DSMs for the moment. I'm not going to lie to anyone though, once you've had turbo AWD it's tough to do without. I'll probably end up with a Subie at some point. But at the moment, I'm looking into a Tiburon.