Introduction Welcome To Hyundai Aftermarket! We are the worlds #1 most active and Premier Hyundai Forum and Website for Tiburon, Genesis, Veloster, Accent, Elantra, Santa Fe, Tucson, Equus, and Sonata owners! Post in here under the thread that was automatically created for you, and tell us a little about yourself!

Welcome To The Forums: likeyoumeanit

Old 08-14-2008, 02:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would like to welcome a new member to our community!

Member Name: likeyoumeanit
Registered on: Aug 14 2008, 01:34 PM
Profile: http://www.rdtiburon.com/index.php?showuser=9178

likeyoumeanit,
Welcome To RDTiburon.com. Please feel free to look around and post get to know others! Remember, you will not be able to post anywhere in the forums until you reply to this topic.

Please be sure to read the site rules completely. Here are a couple more items specifically for new users.
1. You will not be able to post anywhere in the forum until you complete your introduction, you can do that by replying to this post.
2. We do ask that you fill out your profile completely, to include your location, and year model of your Tiburon if you have one.

Here is a SAMPLE STANDARD FORMAT INTRODUCTION POST.

Hi, my name is ____.

I'm from ______.

I drive a ______ _____.

I found these forums through _____ _____ __ __ _ _____ _ ______ _________________________ _ ___.

I've done the following mods to my car.

__
____
_
_____

It's good to meet you all and I hope to learn from you!
Old 08-26-2008, 08:14 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

Hey everyone, my name is Mike, I'm from Lancaster Pennsylvania and currently going to school at the University of Pittsburgh at Johnstown. I have a 2000 tiburon with a 2.0 and a 5spd. Currently I'm working on installing the megasquirt ecu, just cant manage to get a tach signal through to the ecu. Future planned mods include a 1.8 cam, short shifter, cai, suspension upgrades, and eventually a turbo. Hopefully I'll get some pics up soon but it looks like crap right now seeing as I ran into my own car with a 5 ton forklift mad.gif Anyway, I hope I can learn a lot from you and hopefully give some knowledge back
Old 08-26-2008, 08:20 AM

Yet another member from PA! fing02.gif

Welcome to the site!

I'm up in the Hazleton/ Wilkes-Barre area.

Just curious how did you manage to run the forklift into your car? 02.gif
Old 08-26-2008, 08:22 AM

Vehicle: 2004 Volkswagen Jetta GLI

welcome to the site
Old 08-26-2008, 08:25 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon

Welcome. Yes another PA member! Nice.

What version MS are you working on installing? Are you doing stand alone or piggyback?
Old 08-26-2008, 08:59 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Tib001 @ Aug 26 2008, 10:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Just curious how did you manage to run the forklift into your car? 02.gif</div>
My father has a pallet business where I work over the summer and I had my car parked inside ( I think I was working on the exhaust, I forget) anyway I was driving a load of lumber inside and heard a truck backing in and turned around to see who it was and forgot that my car was inside the building. I hit it square in the ass, messed up the paint on the bumper and the license plate pretty good and pushed the car about 3 feet.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bullfrog @ Aug 26 2008, 10:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>What version MS are you working on installing? Are you doing stand alone or piggyback?</div>
I have a msI on the v3.0 board running msns-e all my sensors other than the tach and O2 are reading correctly. I haven't hooked up the 02 yet as I was considering swapping to an lc-1 lamda cable first. As for the tach I have pin 24 tapped into the crank position signal wire (pin 16) but I don't believe I have it grounded write because it isn't reading any signal on megatune. For the moment I have it hooked up to control fuel only but will switch it over to standalone once it is up and properly running. I am still going to leave the stock ecu installed to retain obdII compatibility Do you have any expirience with megasquirt yourself?

Forgot to mention in my intro, I have swapped the stock muffler for a cherry bomb glasspack
Old 08-26-2008, 11:04 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon

funckyPC is running it in his car as well. Ive been reading his old posts and there is a vendor trying to build a standalone. so you are starting on the fuel management and moving more over after you get the fuel down pat?
Old 08-26-2008, 12:36 PM

yeah, thats the plan, once I get used to tuning it and have enough mods to make tuning the spark worthwhile I'll switch it over
Old 08-26-2008, 05:26 PM

Vehicle: 01 / Hyundai / Tiburon

Hey johnstown is only like a half hour from me, im going to school at wyotech
Old 08-26-2008, 05:50 PM

what program are you doing up at wyotech? I actually have a couple friends that are starting there in october.