Introduction Welcome To Hyundai Aftermarket! We are the worlds #1 most active and Premier Hyundai Forum and Website for Tiburon, Genesis, Veloster, Accent, Elantra, Santa Fe, Tucson, Equus, and Sonata owners! Post in here under the thread that was automatically created for you, and tell us a little about yourself!

Welcome To The Forums: Koiji412

Old 02-01-2009, 08:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would like to welcome a new member to our community!

Member Name: Koiji412
Registered on: Feb 1 2009, 10:49 AM
Profile: http://www.rdtiburon.com/index.php?showuser=9517

Koiji412,
Welcome To RDTiburon.com. Please feel free to look around and post get to know others! Remember, you will not be able to post anywhere in the forums until you reply to this topic.

Please be sure to read the site rules completely. Here are a couple more items specifically for new users.
1. You will not be able to post anywhere in the forum until you complete your introduction, you can do that by replying to this post.
2. We do ask that you fill out your profile completely, to include your location, and year model of your Tiburon if you have one.

Here is a SAMPLE STANDARD FORMAT INTRODUCTION POST.

Hi, my name is ____.

I'm from ______.

I drive a ______ _____.

I found these forums through _____ _____ __ __ _ _____ _ ______ _________________________ _ ___.

I've done the following mods to my car.

__
____
_
_____

It's good to meet you all and I hope to learn from you!
Old 02-01-2009, 09:18 AM

Hi, my name is Justin.
I'm 21.
I'm from Tucson, AZ.
I drive a '97 Tibby FX.
I found these forums through google.

I haven't done too much with me car yet, I've only had it about 18 months.
When I first got it, it was entirely stock and needed plenty of mechanical and exterior work. But I only bought it for $2700, so it's balanced out.

The first thing I did was some general maintenance. I got new wiper blades, replaced the serpentine belt, timing belt, net tires, new breaks, and plenty of other things I can't even remember at the moment. Then a few months later, I got it painted, as the previous owner(s) allowed sunspots to develop. It had very substantial sun damage on the hood, roof, and spoiler, which was covered with just black spray paint.
And at the same time, I added a Shark spoiler, and that's pretty much where I am now.

Mechanical items left to fix:
Air bag light stays on...
Interior lights don't work. I don't know if it's the bulbs or wires/fuses, but I haven't really looked.
Fog lights don't work. Same thing, I don't know if it's the bulbs or fuses/wires.
I don't know the terminology, but the thing that connects the wheels to the axles sucks and makes a clicking sound as I make sharp turns. I had the left repaired, but still need to fix the right one.
My sun roof gets stuck if closed all the way, and it needs to be push (or punched) while trying to open it.
And air conditioning doesn't work. Mind you I live in Tucson... it's over 80 here in January! Need to have this done before Summer comes. Mechanic said I had a freon leak. I tried a sealant, but didn't work.

Aesthetic items to have done:
My speakers are almost shot. The both on the right sound absolutely terrible (back can only play treble, bass is nonexistent).
Not only do I not like the stock rims, but the paint (if it's even that) is pealing, leaving a yellowish-ivory color.

If you have any rim suggestions, I'll have a topic up in the Showroom>Exterior section.

And that's all I can think of at the moment. Thanks! And I look forward to participating in this forum!
Old 02-01-2009, 09:28 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Welcome, the car doesn't look bad. Keep up the work.
Old 02-01-2009, 10:01 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Welcome to the site my South Western brother.

LOL

Keep your eyes open for the thread on the 2009 ABQ BBQ, the big RDTiburon meet in Albuquerque NM every year.