Introduction Welcome To Hyundai Aftermarket! We are the worlds #1 most active and Premier Hyundai Forum and Website for Tiburon, Genesis, Veloster, Accent, Elantra, Santa Fe, Tucson, Equus, and Sonata owners! Post in here under the thread that was automatically created for you, and tell us a little about yourself!

Welcome To The Forums: EMGTelecaster12

Old 11-19-2008, 12:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would like to welcome a new member to our community!

Member Name: EMGTelecaster12
Registered on: Nov 19 2008, 02:20 PM
Profile: http://www.rdtiburon.com/index.php?showuser=9413

EMGTelecaster12,
Welcome To RDTiburon.com. Please feel free to look around and post get to know others! Remember, you will not be able to post anywhere in the forums until you reply to this topic.

Please be sure to read the site rules completely. Here are a couple more items specifically for new users.
1. You will not be able to post anywhere in the forum until you complete your introduction, you can do that by replying to this post.
2. We do ask that you fill out your profile completely, to include your location, and year model of your Tiburon if you have one.

Here is a SAMPLE STANDARD FORMAT INTRODUCTION POST.

Hi, my name is ____.

I'm from ______.

I drive a ______ _____.

I found these forums through _____ _____ __ __ _ _____ _ ______ _________________________ _ ___.

I've done the following mods to my car.

__
____
_
_____

It's good to meet you all and I hope to learn from you!
Old 03-12-2009, 11:19 PM

Vehicle: 2003 Hyundai Santa Fe LX

Hi everyone,

My name is Mike and I am from a little town called Modena, NY (Close to Newburgh for those familiar to the area). Good little town lived here all my life. I work MAD hours at a bakery. Some of my hobbies are playing guitar (I got my username from my modded Telecaster with EMG's), video game, football, baseball,eating, and Johnnie Walker Black Label.

My car is a 1997 Tibby FX with about 100K on the motor. I found this car on craigslist last summer and it reminded me of the 01 Turby my buddy used to have. So I read into it and in the info box it said "Great on gas only has a problem with the catalytic converter!". So I send two e-mails to the seller then I finally get a phone call and make arrangements to see the car and what not. In the picture the car looked mint but in person there were alot of blemishes including a faded roof, broken foglights, rusted passenger fender, some dents, and a retarded looking antenna that reminded me of spiral pasta. The CE light was on and the odometer was stuck at 49,999 lol. I checked all around the engine bay the engine sounded good (except the noisy flex pipe with a hole in it) only thing was it was extremly dirty. The oil was par and the tranny fluid was red and smelling sweet (yes, it's a AT...). I knew a guy who was a former Tech at the local Hyundai dealership who I called and to find out when the timing belt and water pump where changed, the chick couldn't give me an answer. Originally she wanted 1300 for it, for some reason I really liked the car and was excited to work on it. I talked her down to 900 which was cool for me. That next day, I picked up the car and registered it and took it for a spin. It handled very good pretty much like the 01 my buddy had. From there I took it to my local Napa and had it scanned. 16 DTCs!! I took it back to my house and my father (who has worked on all kinds of engines) and look at the engine a little more closely. I knew the flex pipe was busted so I thought that was throwing everything off, but my dad took off the exhaust manifold heat shield and there were two beautiful cracks in it. Everything but the cat was busted LOL. So I called my buddy (former Hyundai Tech who still had a hook up) to get me my water pump set, belts, oil filter, and a special gasket between the exhaust manifold and the cat. I went to a junkyard and found a new exhaust manifold off a Sonata (I forget the year). Picked up new wheel bearings, oil,valve cover gasket, and a 6 pack and that weekend we put all the new parts on, gave her a oil change, bath, and a full tank of gas. Purring like a kitten at that point. Cleared the codes and only a day later the CE light came back on and i'm a bit aggrevated after all the work this thing is still on. Took it to Napa once again, had it scanned and pulled two codes P0743 and P0747. Both codes a tranny problem, did alot of research and found the transaxle solenoids needed to be replaced. I decided since at this point I was going to wait since the inspection sticker is the right color for the rest of the year and i already spent my entire saving on parts I was gonna wait it out until next year. Only problem that was noticeable was the 2-3 shift seemed a little late. I drove the car through this winter being uber-ultra careful, checking fluids every day, warming it up to temp everyday and taking best care of the car as possible until I could get inside that tranny. Put new tires on it only to find out I had two bent rims as well. So at the point my dad told me I got smoke blown up my... LOL. I didn't care I really like the car. The car exceeded my expectations by starting up in the coldest of weather and by being a reliable car to get me where I had to go. So currently nicer weather came last weekend and we put the new solenoids in (500 bucks later, lol) and it's shifting like a beauty. The CE light is still on but i'm sure it's a wiring problem and this weekend my buddy and I and gonna test and clean all the wires from the tranny and put new brake pads on. So that's where I'm at now with my Tibby.

I haven't been able to do many mods but here's a list of little things I have done in the meanwhile with my tranny fiasco:
- Clear corners
- Euro Tails
- Shorty antenna
- GK pedals (just need to get footrest on, saw a DIY on it somewhere in the forums. gonna get that on asap)
- CF hood (not on yet funny story)
- Alpine CDE-9874 with iPod connection (has to do with the hood)
- new wheels (waiting for a really good rainstorm to get the salt off the road to get them on)
- new passenger side fender (waiting for warmer weather to get that on and prep the body to paint)
- my first traffic ticket (because of inspection) lolz.

I am sorry for this being so fuggin late, been busy at work and also a little bit of procrastination. But hey, it's all good. I found this site googling info about Tiburons, and I have been looking at the DIY's and looking all your Tiburons and I have found many beautiful cars, cool mods, and tons of info to help me know my car better. I hope to get to know as much of you as possible and learn as much as I can about RD Tiburons and contribute as much as I can to the site. I put some of my contact info in my profile I am on AIM all the time hit me up anytime. Thanks for having me and sorry again for teh late post. tongue.gif
Old 03-12-2009, 11:50 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Kawasaki ZX6R

Wow lol. First off, welcome to the site. Second.... you should really use paragraphs lol. That's all just 1 big jumble of words.

Mind you I read the whole thing, it's just hard on the eyes heh.
Old 03-12-2009, 11:59 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

Welcome to the site!!
Old 03-13-2009, 12:11 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dddude55 @ Mar 13 2009, 12:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Wow lol. First off, welcome to the site. Second.... you should really use paragraphs lol. That's all just 1 big jumble of words.

Mind you I read the whole thing, it's just hard on the eyes heh.</div>

Yeah, I probably should. But, I was on a roll with a complete thought, lol my bad.
Old 03-13-2009, 01:12 AM

Welcome....Sounds like you have been busy to say the least..

PICS!

Old 03-13-2009, 05:57 AM

Vehicle: 2004 Volkswagen Jetta GLI

welcome to the site
Old 03-13-2009, 07:17 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Welcome... So whats the funny story about the hood?
Old 03-13-2009, 07:40 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon

It may be a jumbled mess of words but at least its an into and we can gauge his level of expertise. Welcome to the site.
Old 03-13-2009, 10:38 AM

Thanks all, again I hope to meet as much of you as I can.

But here's the story about the hood...

The weekend I decided to put my new Alpine HU in, I discovered that there were at least 4 or 5 screws missing for the dash. The part underneath the steering wheel was hanging off actually. I took off most of the dash to wash it, got the new HU in, and got everything back together. At this point I was excited to turn up the music and go for a cruise....

Driving down my road I was just passing my neighbors house and I see my hood shaking and before i could stop... SNAP SNAP! The hood was ripped off the hinges and in my rear view I see the hood totally take out my neighbors mailbox. As serious as it was since someone could of got hurt or possibly killed, It was just so funny to see my hood glide into my neighbors mailbox and totally level it. I consider myself lucky since no one was checking their mail or driving behind me also for the fact it didn't take out my windshield...

Since I was right down the road I drove the car with no hood back to my house (not even a min) then I ran back and got the hood and stuck my neighbor's mailbox back in the ground. and I didn't notice it but the latch was frozen (gear frozen). The piece that was hanging off was the piece with the hood release cable and taking that off, I accidentally popped the hood and the latch was gear frozen so I sprayed some WD-40 on it and the lever works again. I hammered out the hood the best I could and bent the hinges back so I could throw the hood back on the car.

I have new hinges and a CF hood. But, I am waiting to get the car prepped for paint and what not to throw it on.