Introduction Welcome To Hyundai Aftermarket! We are the worlds #1 most active and Premier Hyundai Forum and Website for Tiburon, Genesis, Veloster, Accent, Elantra, Santa Fe, Tucson, Equus, and Sonata owners! Post in here under the thread that was automatically created for you, and tell us a little about yourself!

Welcome To The Forums: BayTib13

Old 02-22-2010, 11:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would like to welcome a new member to our community!

Member Name: BayTib13
Registered on: Feb 22 2010, 02:56 PM
Profile: http://www.rdtiburon.com/index.php?showuser=10135

BayTib13,
Welcome To RDTiburon.com. Please feel free to look around and post get to know others! Remember, you will not be able to post anywhere in the forums until you reply to this topic.

Please be sure to read the site rules completely. Here are a couple more items specifically for new users.
1. You will not be able to post anywhere in the forum until you complete your introduction, you can do that by replying to this post.
2. We do ask that you fill out your profile completely, to include your location, and year model of your Tiburon if you have one.

Here is a SAMPLE STANDARD FORMAT INTRODUCTION POST.

Hi, my name is ____.

I'm from ______.

I drive a ______ _____.

I found these forums through _____ _____ __ __ _ _____ _ ______ _________________________ _ ___.

I've done the following mods to my car.

__
____
_
_____

It's good to meet you all and I hope to learn from you!
Old 02-22-2010, 12:13 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

Hi my name is Zach, I have an 01 Tiburon that I've had roughly a year, I'm from the Waco TX area. I found this forum while looking for ideas for a new engine, because mine is locked from sucking in water..long story short, was a very rainy day, chose the wrong on ramp 02.gif. Currently, I have only modded my exhaust, took out the stock muffler and piping, got 2.5" straight pipe from after the downpipe back, and got a custom CF 4" exhaust tip. My hopes are to turbo it as soon as possible, but being in college working only 10hrs a week doesnt get the money too fast, so this will be a work in progress. I'm also in the process of getting 4 12" fosgate subs, and a 1000watt amp plus box put in, im saving for the amp now, but like i said, college drains your money. Lookin forward to talkin to you all and gettin some great help and ideas. Also, idk if this is prohibited or not, but if you read this and you or anyone you know has an idea on what engine would be best to put in, give me an email or PM. I'm currently thinking either a beta 1 or 2.
Old 02-22-2010, 12:42 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

how did you suck up water? I"m assuming you have an intake that you didn't mention.

Get another 2.0 beta engine from a junk yard and replace it. That's your best option. The engines can handle a lot, and it's not worth trying to make something else fit. I would say $600 or so shouldn't be a problem.

www.car-part.com

oh yeah, welcome to the site!
Old 02-22-2010, 08:55 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

Before you go replacing engines, start a new thread and see if we can't get the current one up and running again for cheap/free. . . .

and welcome to RDT.
Old 02-22-2010, 10:21 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Volkswagen Jetta GLI

welcome to the site...

i hydrolocked my engine before, but i went though my insurance to replace...now i wish i would have taken the money and did it myself instead...but i was lazy at the time
Old 02-22-2010, 10:49 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

Ah, yea, the intake slipped my mind as it was on the car when i got it, but it was a pretty long intake, ran down roughly even with my bumper, and the ramp i chose to use to get on that day apparently had around 13" of water,I personally dont think it was quite that much, but when i got out about 30 minutes later, it was at least 7" did not look like it at all though, its a tricky ramp; so my intake went straight under..and poof..took it to a mechanic in my town, said there's really nothin to do except get a new engine, said it would be cheaper. I my self don't have near the experience to take it apart and see what is wrong, and am currently looking for a beta 1 or 2 to drop in. I also will open a thread real quick saying what happened and what the mechanic said.