Introduction Welcome To Hyundai Aftermarket! We are the worlds #1 most active and Premier Hyundai Forum and Website for Tiburon, Genesis, Veloster, Accent, Elantra, Santa Fe, Tucson, Equus, and Sonata owners! Post in here under the thread that was automatically created for you, and tell us a little about yourself!

Welcome To The Forums: 97DerekTiburon

Old 12-08-2007, 03:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would like to welcome a new member to our community!

Member Name: 97DerekTiburon
Registered on: Dec 8 2007, 04:04 PM
Profile: http://www.rdtiburon.com/index.php?showuser=8707

97DerekTiburon,
Welcome To RDTiburon.com. Please feel free to look around and post get to know others! Remember, you will not be able to post anywhere in the forums until you reply to this topic.

Please be sure to read the site rules completely. Here are a couple more items specifically for new users.
1. You will not be able to post anywhere in the forum until you complete your introduction, you can do that by replying to this post.
2. We do ask that you fill out your profile completely, to include your location, and year model of your Tiburon if you have one.

Here is a SAMPLE STANDARD FORMAT INTRODUCTION POST.

Hi, my name is ____.

I'm from ______.

I drive a ______ _____.

I found these forums through _____ _____ __ __ _ _____ _ ______ _________________________ _ ___.

I've done the following mods to my car.

__
____
_
_____

It's good to meet you all and I hope to learn from you!
Old 12-08-2007, 04:14 PM

Hello! My Name is Derek. I'm from south eastern MA and I JUST bought my first Tib. It's a 97, red, 5spd. It's been friggin cold here so I have barely even looked at it aside from popping the hood. I paid $1,000 for it and it feels really tight.

It has new (stock) tires, new brakes, good clutch and a header and nice-sounding exhaust. I can't wait to get through it and figure out everything it's got and/or has added to it. It's a really good looking car from 20 feet or so. I think I got a good deal.... I'll post a few pics. It's far from perfect but I love driving it. My first ride was over an hour back to my house and really enjoyed it.

The heat didn't work (PO told me that) and it was 17-20 degrees out! I took the dash apart thanks to this site but hit a dead end. I buttoned it back up and felt underthe dash. All I had to do was manually close the flap and viola'... HEAT and lots of it!

Future plans... Nice wheels and better handling tires, CAI, and poly bushings throughout.

Anyway, that's about it.

Oh yeah I own a small strength-training studio up here and that's what I do. My background is building and four-wheeling Suzuki Samurais and Jeep Cherokees but I'm tired of all that plus there's no place to use them anymore. I've always been a big fan of 4cyl cars like EVO's Impreza's and similar cars. I had no idea I liked Tiburons so much until I saw mine for sale in RI. Love at first sight!
Old 12-08-2007, 04:38 PM

Vehicle: 2000 tiburon

welcome to the site. post some pictures up of your new car
Old 12-08-2007, 04:52 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Welcome! You will find a lot of useful info here that will help you along with more modifications and personalization.
Old 12-08-2007, 07:12 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

welcome! yeah it's getting cold. i love the summer, 100 degree temperatures. you would have to ask me in person to find out why.

mine was love at first sight as well, but when i bought my car i knew years in advance what i wanted!
Old 12-08-2007, 10:05 PM

Vehicle: 1997, hyundai, tiburon

errr..... you bought that tiburon from the RI craigslist didnt you? i was going to buy it and she said she just sold it... daum man you suxx, lol welcome to the site and thanks for stealing my car. jk

http://providence.craigslist.org/car/497270400.html <<< thats your car right?
Old 12-09-2007, 08:28 AM

I was just getting on to post a link until I get descent pics up. Sorry to do that to you man! I know what it's like.

http://providence.craigslist.org/car/497270400.html
Old 12-09-2007, 10:17 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

haha. butters, find another one man!
Old 12-09-2007, 12:48 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Tiburon

Welcome to rdt
Old 12-09-2007, 01:03 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

Nice!! Looks like a lot like HyundaiKitCoupe!
Butters, why do you need another??? Are you trying to outdo Peter?