Introduction Welcome To Hyundai Aftermarket! We are the worlds #1 most active and Premier Hyundai Forum and Website for Tiburon, Genesis, Veloster, Accent, Elantra, Santa Fe, Tucson, Equus, and Sonata owners! Post in here under the thread that was automatically created for you, and tell us a little about yourself!

Wazzup

Old 03-04-2005, 03:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wazzup

Just readed the FAQ and wanted to introduce myself quickly.

First I never really were into H. For my first car I looked for a Seat Ibiza but came to the conclusion that it was way above my budget (older models looked crappy). Then I looked for a Suzuki Swift 1.3 and found a GTI but the garage was really looking like crap and the guy wouldn't let me test drive it unless I bought it..... Yeah sure what were you thinking.

Then a friend of mine made a call to a friend of his dad which has a garage. He just got a green excel 1.3 and I knew the model from that friend because his parents got almost the same one and had no problems with it.
So H. Excel became my first car. Ran it like 2 years with no real big problems. Only problem was a leaking excaust, which caused me too replace the flexible piece just after the engine (and got the sissing problem with the outtake). Got 15" nice rims with 195 tires laugh.gif
After almost 2 years got some troubles with shifting to second gear with revs above 3k. Must be something wrong with the synchomesh, so I traded it for a coupé Turbulence rolleyes.gif
I wanted a coupé but I didn't like the Tiburon (sorry guys) so I got the Turbulence. I Really really like the new Tuscani, but I'm a student and a Tuscani V6 is way over my budget. Actually it isn't even near my budget smile.gif
So I got my Turbulence now, got stock leather interior.

Mods done so far:

30mm Eibach lowering springs
Ebay CAI
JVC caraudio HU + Infinity Kappa series speakers rear + Caliber Sub
Chiptuned @ 136.9 WHP

Not done much else. Just recently replaced 2 dead interior bulbs (one most right console button, heater spedo. Other one was my most right bulb from the dashboard). Going to put in the Bros white marine gauges smile.gif

Would like 2 do much more because I really became a H. fan and want to show people here what this brand/car can look like. Almost no tuned (or stock for that matter) H. here's, shame. I'm with a Dutch H. club too.

Probably won't change much because I want to trade this one in for yet another H. the Tuscani V6 laugh.gif
After I get that one and start my full-time job, it's the sky's the limit for me. I'm going for a full bodykit then, turbo or supercharger, replace all the shit that gets broken with aftermarket stuff (like clutch, gears, flywheel, spark plugs etc).
So looks like you're stuck with me for a long time eyeroll.gif
Old 03-04-2005, 04:03 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

welcome to the site, glad you read the FAQ, good first step.

even though their is more support for the tuscani, i would keep the beta. that v6 engine really isn't that powerful anyway once you compute out the power:weight ratio. might as well just pump all that money into the tib you got now, it looks cooler and you could make it faster, plus get better gas mileage! smile.gif
oh yeah, and if you did get a tuscani you wouldn't be here anymore, you would be mostly cruising the newtiburon.com forums.
Old 03-04-2005, 04:28 PM

Isn't your last point suppose to be a positive thing laugh.gif

Just kidding

Well, I know that if you don't really own a Turbulence you're not really 'welcome' here, but I think that's a bit of crap. I still like the car, I love H. and most of the cars they make. I only can't support 3 cars and drive all of them. I know that the Rd2 is faster then the 2.0 tuscani and the 2.7 isn't much faster because it's just loads of heavy crap on 4 wheels laugh.gif

But with my eye on a few things I just want it.

First of all, I like the model more second, it got loads of fun stuff I don't have now.
Climat control, 6 hand, V6 engine, TCS, CC, ABS
Sure you can get a rd2 FX and have airconditiong and ABS, CC but I can just get the tuscani and have it all.
Newer model so it isn't so old. Loads of development.
I dunno, I just want one.
Old 03-04-2005, 07:27 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Welcome to the site Viper.
Old 03-04-2005, 08:14 PM

welcome man. if you want the newer moel so bad. get the I4. once you get to turbo and such, the I4 is a better platform. and as you said the skys the limit, just with the I4 youll get there quicker.
Old 03-04-2005, 09:07 PM

Hello Viper and welcome to the site. Hope we can get you to stick with the Turbulence wink1.gif
Old 03-04-2005, 10:53 PM

the turbulence is the way to go! forget the GayKar. jk your taste is your taste. welcome btw
Old 03-05-2005, 03:26 AM

Is the I4 better then the V6 then?

Power difference is not much, but the V6 gives much more torque I heard from a V6 owner who drove the I4 as well.

And I'm not worried about the $$. Only got one hobby (no gf tongue.gif) and a V6 S/C or T/C is I think still faster then the I4 (new model then).
Old 03-05-2005, 08:10 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

The I4 is much better, lots more room to put in a turbo if you want to, and much bigger possiblilities for power.
Old 03-05-2005, 10:10 AM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

Welcome dude, have any pictures? i can help you host them if you don';t know how.

Next mod to your car should be removing that "chip" resistor from your IAT wires......ASAP! Go back to normal with a wire crimper or something, get that crap outta there.

Did you say 137hp? Is that dyno?