Introduction Welcome To Hyundai Aftermarket! We are the worlds #1 most active and Premier Hyundai Forum and Website for Tiburon, Genesis, Veloster, Accent, Elantra, Santa Fe, Tucson, Equus, and Sonata owners! Post in here under the thread that was automatically created for you, and tell us a little about yourself!

Sounding different

Old 09-12-2004, 09:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX
Default Re: Revving at a complete stop?

I'm trying to find out how I can make my car sound a little different than cars with ordinary intakes or exhausts. What is there that I can put in to make the car sound bad ass? I'm thinking of WRX's here... I'm also thinking you'd have to change something in your engine.

If it requires changing the exhaust, that's where the problem is. I really want the stock dual tip exhaust or something similar to it. Is there any manufacturer which can produce a performance exhaust like ours?

I've been looking at aftermarket exhaust companies, but almost none of them are dual tipped. I also don't want them to sound like there's something horribly wrong with the car wink.gif
Old 09-12-2004, 09:55 AM

Default Re: Carbon fiber Dash and type R spoiler..

Have you looked at these tips?

http://shop.ivalueinternet.com/bigexhaust/...duct_id/884.htm
Old 09-12-2004, 09:57 AM

Default Re: Hwarang Intake/Exhaust Camshaft

well.. you will never get your car to sound like a WRX... because they have a compleatly different engine configuration, their exhaust takes on a different sound.
Old 09-12-2004, 10:19 AM

Default Re: Hwarang Intake/Exhaust Camshaft

If you want a different sound than most, get intake, a quieter exhaust system, and some custom ground cams w/ like 2-4 degrees less lobe center and longer duration laugh.gif Thatll be a sound noone has on their import smile.gif
Old 09-12-2004, 10:41 AM

ooh, iamcyclopseatme, that sounds like a setup that could work out real nice.

and i have looked at tips before. would you need to weld those on? thanks for the reference!

...i should have figured WRX's are completely different. i hope they can be sounding similar smile.gif
Old 09-12-2004, 11:34 AM

Default Kspec Maintec Header/Turbo Manifold GB *FULL!!!*

If you want tips, just find a dual outlet muffler and get a couple tips.. Tips dont have to be welded on, but they are guaranteed (almost) not to fall off that way.. Check on flowmasters website.. I personally like their Import 60 series of mufflers, which you can get dual outlet..
Old 09-12-2004, 12:48 PM

kspec has cams for $109! ...and you don't need to modify your ECU.

anyone have any feedback on this?

here is the cam: http://www.kspec.com/largeimage.php?ai_id=21
Old 09-18-2004, 08:00 AM

Default Re: trying to plan a system

you also have to realise Kit... by sticking with twin tips, your car is going to be quieter and more mellow sounding than a B16 honda engine with a fart can exhaust. What people do not realise about those mufflers.. they act as a megaphone on the exhaust, actually amplifying the sound as it comes out of the smaller exhaust system.
Old 09-18-2004, 09:53 AM

Default Re: Tim please read :) GT28RS

thanks Mad-Machine! ...that's really true. i remember that those fart cans have a huge tin-can muffler that expands soundwaves. so does this mean that if you get an intake on a stock exhaust, it will not be as loud?

because i needz to buy some noise for my car. i've been trying to find out ways to sound bad ass without seeming like a fart can. lol!

oh yeah, and is there a difference in sound between an air intake vs. cold air intake?

also, if you get a cold air intake, can you get bypass valves for rain water not to get in?
Old 09-18-2004, 01:12 PM

Default Re: a few pics from today

Friend of mine put a 2-chamber flowmaster muffler on his stock exhuast with a WAI , and for being "stock" it sounded pretty dame nasty.

Just a low deep, rumble . but when he opens up 2nd gear and lets lose with it , it sounds almost identical to a trans-am with borla exhuast.

Just too bad the car feels really sluggish under 3-4k rpm, but man when he lets that thing open up u can really notice that the muffler dosnt really suite the engine characteristics verry well.

The cars dead on its face until like 4k then u feel all the missing powerband just all of a sudden come on between about 4500-redline.

Summing things up, for stock , it dosnt seem like its the one u want for track times , but it sure does sound dame good though.

O, and im curious to why this kinda muffler would do that to the dudes tibby, becuase it should be keeping more backpreasure then a straight through N1 style muffler, but sure as hell dosnt feel like it has ANY backpreasure whats so ever.