Introduction Welcome To Hyundai Aftermarket! We are the worlds #1 most active and Premier Hyundai Forum and Website for Tiburon, Genesis, Veloster, Accent, Elantra, Santa Fe, Tucson, Equus, and Sonata owners! Post in here under the thread that was automatically created for you, and tell us a little about yourself!

Shrkbyt05 New Member But Not To The Tib Game...

Old 08-12-2007, 01:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys....
well the time has come to see the light, after making a very fast GK V6 with 15 lbs of boost and running a 13.00 flat at 111mph, ive decided to perchase a RD (1or 2not sure yet)
im also going to swap pout the motor for a more recent beta II (possibly keep the beta I tranny, shorter gearing correct?)

i have a few questions that id like to ask if anyone wants to help please feel free too....

RD tib 5sp.
Beta II swap with 1.8 pistons and rods (OEM)
1.8 intake cam (is their a better intake and exhaust combo out for F/I, oem performance doents bother as i work for hyundai and i could get these parts for damn near free, and free power is very good in my book)
sheetmetal IM.
seoulfulracing tubular manifold for turbo.
im gonna START with a T04E .60trim turbo and go from thier (how many lbs can 1.8 combo setup hold, i was told under 30 with good tuning)
(im shooting for quick spool up on 17lbs and then a direct port 25shot, for each runner, for 3rd and 4th gear)
what stand alones are good (i have microtech readily availible, is it compatible, the installer said he doesnt see why not)
also gutted battey in trucnk and 10gal fuel cell.
light suspension and brake mods (does the santa fe 2 piston calipers bolt onto the RD hubs, i dont mind keep ing them 4 lug?)
also maybe some tranny work (regear)
and also some light head work (valves and Port and polish)
please welcome me as a new member here but a long time one on NT...
Thanks a bunch and youll be seing alot of me....
any other hints at what i should look out for or know about the RD series??
thanks guys, and i ask alot of questions so please help if you know the answer...
Chase
Old 08-12-2007, 01:42 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Good to see you come over to the lighter side of the force.

LOL

I'll look at your questions and see what I can answer for you. WELCOME!
Old 08-12-2007, 01:45 PM

Vehicle: 05 Subaru WRX

Welcome to the site. Can't wait to see what you get done on the rd.
Old 08-12-2007, 01:50 PM

quick question, when i was at the strip last night, i met a PR kid with a 93 beta 2 swapped accent.
when he showd me the engine bay and the mount for the left hand side (timing belt and acc side) the mount had to be welded on, and when it was it was kinda crooked (shops fault looked like a rush job)
is thier any way to get that left side mount on the frame rail without welding or is their a solution to all the beta 2 swaps...
any pics or diagrams or even a kinda DIY/parts list???
Thanks
the reaon i joined here is cause basically i can get a 500lb lightER car, get nearly 2 times the performance AND cost half the price of the V6 (and the way TC bends you over for aftermarket shit, he has the GK tibs by the balls, and charges out the ass for it)
Old 08-12-2007, 01:52 PM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Welcome on,

if your going to throw the 1.8 innards in there you should go for some shotpeening to add some strength since your not going with forged and your talking about near 30lb boost levels.

And dont forget about the LSD.

How much power did 15psi and the V6 give you?

you can push 13 second runs with that amount of boost on the I4, lol, welcome to the world of a 2600lb car.

Welcome on Chase.
Old 08-12-2007, 02:02 PM

if anyone hear wants some pics (or will post them to see what kinda GK person i am, youll relize what kinda RD owner i WILL be)
with 15psi on a stock block and heads V6 i made 357whp and 368ft lbs, the car weighs 2850wet weight minus driver.
no sunroof.
anyone got a answer to the mounting of the beta on the left hand frame rail, i mean do i have to weld it or is thier a solution...
Chase
please provide email address and ill send dome pics.

Alex:

where DID YOU get THAT turbo manifold!!!
Old 08-12-2007, 02:03 PM

Vehicle: 05 Subaru WRX

our cars come with the beta. It will mount straight in.
Old 08-12-2007, 02:10 PM

<span style="color:red">mod edit, please dont quote post above yours</span>

soo being that he had an accent (i presume with a 1.5 or 1.6 litre) thats why he had it like that..so the the beta I and II or completely swappable in the RD chassis model (any year RD) and will use the same mount on the left in both I and II.
Thanks for that clarification, awsome
your all teaching a 2 year old this point..LOL
Old 08-12-2007, 02:19 PM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Thats Tim's (formerly speedfactor, now turboelements) Ramhorn manifold and it looked like that because i painted it with some high temp paint. Im going to get it jet-hotted because the paints starting to wear now.
Old 08-12-2007, 04:00 PM

Welcome to RDT, sir.