Introduction Welcome To Hyundai Aftermarket! We are the worlds #1 most active and Premier Hyundai Forum and Website for Tiburon, Genesis, Veloster, Accent, Elantra, Santa Fe, Tucson, Equus, and Sonata owners! Post in here under the thread that was automatically created for you, and tell us a little about yourself!

Newb From the midwest

Old 07-01-2008, 09:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Accent
Default Newb From the midwest

My name is Dane, aka Dane Bramaged. I run Dane Bramaged Productions and also work as a sales rep for a power tool company. I recently purchased a 2001 Hyundai Accent L. With previous investments into 5 Civics, 2 Preludes, 1 S2000, 2 Eclipses and 1 Integra, I'm moving my knowledge to a Hyundai and seeing how much we can do. I have done some of the most remarkable modifications (or at least came up with the idea and had the machine shop work it) and have had 5 of my cars in magazines. The Accent was a "gas saver" buy that has now moved into my current project.

Currently, it sits with wheels, tint and black housing headlights.

Future mods include:
BETA1 Swap
14B turbo
FMI
Apexi N1 Exhaust
GR-2 Shocks with H&R springs
AEM brakes

There's a much larger list, but this is my intro, right!
Old 07-01-2008, 09:53 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

welcome.gif to the forum. Sounds like you definitely have some amazing knowledge in the Import Scene, and if you're interested in having your own Retail forum here, let me know and I'll set it up. Hope you stick around and becoming a regular member and post alot. Having members with advanced knowledge is always a good thing around here. smile.gif
Old 07-01-2008, 10:29 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

Nice to see someone with the experience and knowledge that you bring to the table visiting HA. Hope you enjoy yourself and visit often.

The only thing I suggest regarding your potential setup is that if your goal for the suspension is to make the Accent handle well I would go with adjustable Koni yellow inserts or Ksport coilovers.
Old 07-01-2008, 01:37 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(187sks @ Jul 1 2008, 11:29 AM) </div><div class='quotemain'>Nice to see someone with the experience and knowledge that you bring to the table visiting HA. Hope you enjoy yourself and visit often.

The only thing I suggest regarding your potential setup is that if your goal for the suspension is to make the Accent handle well I would go with adjustable Koni yellow inserts or Ksport coilovers.</div>

I've looked at the KSport CoilOvers, but will be waiting on those til later... I've got a LOT of projects going right now and won't be FINANCIALLY stable for the best suspension. The engine and turbo items are running me dry. If you'll notice, for more money I'm in the classifieds selling paintings of YOUR CARS!! Check it out.
Old 07-01-2008, 02:34 PM
Administrator

I hear that. I'm trying to scrape together money for some tires, a rear sway bar, and some Ksports myself but I have a lot of other stuff sucking away my money too.
Old 07-01-2008, 02:55 PM

I'm noticing a lot of the same people from HP.com on here too, but it seems like there's more going on here. Got that picture deal, huh 187SKS!?!?! HAHA
Old 07-01-2008, 04:52 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Veloster DCT w/ Tech

Welcome aboard man. As for suspension setup, I have the H&R's on my Elantra and they are a great improvement over stock. Even if they are only temporary for you, you should like them.
Old 07-01-2008, 08:37 PM
Administrator

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbramagedprod @ Jul 1 2008, 01:55 PM) </div><div class='quotemain'>I'm noticing a lot of the same people from HP.com on here too, but it seems like there's more going on here. Got that picture deal, huh 187SKS!?!?! HAHA</div>
Haha, yeah I saw it in both places but decided to hop on the offer on HP and let someone else get it here. Lol!

There are a lot of people in both places, also several other Hyundai sites but HP and HA are the only large forums without being model specific.